Suggest me a headphone for Rs 10K to Rs 12K ( $200 to $ 240)
Sep 23, 2012 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

arun1977

New Head-Fier
Hi All, I have been looking around the net for quite a while,seeing other people's requirements , reviews ,ratings etc. But that left me even more confused so decided to get all your expert opinions to decide on mine.I have owned a lot of headphones / earphones for a long time.Mostly settled in for 20$ ones,during college days due to money problems .Now after getting a job has decided to spend some bucks on a decent headphones to get the real essence of music .Well I am not an audiophile, just an average guy who has decided to spend some hard earned money on prized set of headphones. I do have lot of earphones right from Sony to Samsung IEM ( with Samsung Galaxy S) to and stock earphones that come with mobile phones. My taste for music is like this .I am mostly glued to chillout/ Low -fi ( Like Cafe Del Mar ) and instrumental music ( Richard Clayderman / Yanni ).Sometmes I do indulge in a little bit of Nelly / 50 cents. but thats all. I dont like Boomy Hip-hop bass for more than 15 mins at a stretch, hurts my ears.But I do like Slow bass like the downtempo / lo-fi songs or Blues.I would also use the headphones for watching movies on my Laptop.Sometimes HD DVD / Blu Ray Dvds too.I am not a Computer games freak so that can be ignored . I dont listen to rock / metal etc. So thats my taste. Now I invite suggestions from you friends. My budget is around Rs 10K( US $ 200) and can stretch to 12-13K ($200 to $ 240) under serious pressure.My Location is Kolkata, India .My first preference is an overall exceptional quality music,good soundstage , then comes a standard amount of bass ,not overpowering ear hurting bass .Well I was going through the particularly popular ones in this price range :Sennheiser HD 558 and Sennheiser HD 598.Both of them has exceptional sound quality and soundstage .But they have some low bass issues.Well I do not like heavy bass but at least expect them to be normal and clean.Other options include Audio technica , Shure , Denon etc. In this regard, I realize that this is mostly an US-Canada site hence I must clarify that not a lot of good headphones are available in India.So I am limited mostly by availability more than my budget. Well some of the good headphones available in the budget is Sennheisers, Denon Ah 1100 ,Shure Srh 840 ,Bose QC15. So guys please give me a comparison of the above models available in here Thanking all for suggestions. Sanu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back