Suddenly Comply T-400s are rated for the UE Triple-Fi's. (Confirmation: They have been tested!).
Mar 22, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #16 of 43
I started this thread but sadly the T400s don't work for me. I have large ear canals (albeit apparently of slightly different sizes) and I only get a proper seal in one ear with Comply's. I think that most people will not have this issue. But so long as they stick with the one size fits all idea, their one size is too small for me. (Note: I use the medium Triple-Fi silicon tips which are larger and give me a great seal.

I will say again that Comply has great customer service.

Mar 22, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #18 of 43
Longevity is the question I have here. I do know the Ety foams and the std Comply lasted the same for me - after aprox 2 weeks the elasticity disappears in short order. I thought the T400 might be a different longer-lasting material......where lies the truth?

re differing sizes canal/foamies.......mine with ety's have been different.....so that the larger std Ety foamie was best for left ear......and the Comply worked for the right ear. Even now I'm using a pair of Klipsh Images and have come to use their large tip on the left ear.......and the large double flange tip on the right ear. I know it sounds diametrically opposed - but is what works these days, for me.

Mar 22, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone got pics of the TF10 with complys on etc?

I just took this pic today. Please make sure you push the tip all the way. This is how they should look once properly seated.
DSC00382_edited-2.jpg

Mar 22, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #20 of 43
Ordered three pairs the other day, kinda bummer the cost to get a few just to try before you know to order a big lot. Hope they fit, the silicone med stock are a bit tight but close and not uncomfortable but you can always get better. Very curious to see what these are like.

Mar 22, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #22 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But so long as they stick with the one size fits all idea, their one size is too small for me. (Note: I use the medium Triple-Fi silicon tips which are larger and give me a great seal.

I also use the medium ones, maybe the Comply's are a bit on the small side for me too. Certainly looks that way. I also think they're a bit on the expensive side, especially for shipping overseas. The original silicone tips give me great seal, and I have no problem comfort-wise either. But I'm curious to how the Complys rank up anyway.

Mar 23, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosgis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also use the medium ones, maybe the Comply's are a bit on the small side for me too. Certainly looks that way. I also think they're a bit on the expensive side, especially for shipping overseas. The original silicone tips give me great seal, and I have no problem comfort-wise either. But I'm curious to how the Complys rank up anyway.

I don't think that you can assume based on my experience that they won't fit you - I expect that they would fit most people that use the medium silicon tips. But whether you want to spend the money to find out, I don't know. Like you, I am very happy with the silicon tips - It was just curiousity to try the Comply's.

Apr 1, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #26 of 43
I would have to agree that they don't last long. I just removed my first set after two weeks. I was extremely careful to keep then clean. Only used them for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon monday-friday.

After the first week they stop holding the shape after you pressed them. Specially the part that goes in the ear the further.

After the first one and a half week the middle and back end of the eartip were able to keep the pressed shape but by the time you got them to your ears it was hard to insert them in your ears because of the part that goes first into your ear was back to the original shape.
Eventually the front of the foam tip will start breaking back just a little bit from the plastic inner tube.

They are still usable and keep a good seal but they look a little torn and kind of bad, sometimes you have to take little pieces from the foam that look torn.
It depends a lot on the size of your outer ear canal. If it is too narrow, like mine they may not last long. My outer ear canal is very narrow. The silicone tips that I can only use are the small ones.

I think if you normally use the middle silicone tips and don't really have to do much pressing of the foam they will last you longer as long as you keep them clean.

Another thing that shock me was how hard was to take them off!! You really have to be careful and work your way around the eartip as you pull. If you are planning on using them again you may be out of luck as the foam may break as you take them out. I inserted the eartips in my tripe.fi as far as they went. Keeping the same gap on the front as you would have gotten from the UE stock tips.

Apr 5, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #27 of 43
In the past i've alway's found that it was best to place small orders for foamies, as they even dry out in the baggie. You don't want to be stuck with a bag of stiff, dry tips...

Apr 7, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #28 of 43
I want to back up eat2na's experience. Using these of SP.fi 5 Pro and they are splitting at the front after a week. They also get too soft and yucky. Not worth the money considering the shipping.

Apr 8, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by riChchestMat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to back up eat2na's experience. Using these of SP.fi 5 Pro and they are splitting at the front after a week. They also get too soft and yucky. Not worth the money considering the shipping.

What were you storing them when not in use? I've had the same set of T400's on my SF5p's for well over a month w/o isue. They are showing some wear and tear but still hold shape and seal well. I've had some success holding them over steam when they don't bounce back completely and this also seems to help getting some of the crud off...

Apr 8, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #30 of 43
I keep them in my coat pocket which is basically the same as keeping them in a softcase. I'm sure they are splitting in my ear not in my pocket because the overhang at the front of the tip is getting pushed back during insertion.

I'll give the steam a try but since these things are so hard to remove without further ripping I'm not so sure about holding my actual drivers in the steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back