Sudden loud static noise from all speakers (receiver)
May 9, 2014 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

csice

New Head-Fier
I didn't change anything and now it suddenly sounds like a really static radio station that comes from all 6 speakers from all inputs. I have a Yamaha receiver. I have no idea what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated, in the meantime, I can't do anything involved with the tv.

May 9, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 8
Did you accidentally switch the input to AM radio?

May 10, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #4 of 8
Sounds like your amp took a dive then.

Oct 9, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 8

I've been experiencing this on 2 Yamaha amps in same system. Prior to that, an Onkyo was thought to be bad with very slow start up times.
Thinking now that it has to either be the TV or the old DirecTV HR34 Genie. It was only happening when playing back recorded programming or pausing and then hitting PLAY again.
Did you ever figure it out on your end?
One of the Yamaha's was a 3-4 year old RXV673 and the other was a new RXV681

Oct 10, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 8
I have this issue in one of my rooms due to using powerline network adapters.  Are you using those?  If so, disconnect and try playing music again.  

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #7 of 8
Nothing like that here> The customer replaced their old Samsung TV (had 3 prong) with new Samsung (2 prong) today. Ideally, it is related to a grounding issue. Will update when I know for sure.
BTW, Yamaha Tech support had suggested that maybe the Bose Acoustimas system had a grounded plug that needed to be defeated. However, IT was passive. I had even disconnected the Bose and connected a stereo pair of Polk speakers and got same result where it eventually went to loud static when customer was skipping through DirecTV.

Oct 11, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #8 of 8

​New TV did not fix the issue. It did it again last night. Customer is trying to get his DirecTV HR34 Genie replaced and I've also told him to test each of the outlets connected to his entertainment center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back