Subtonic STORM: Impressions and Discussion
Dec 23, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #646 of 988
It was stated "Europe". As far as i know the island hasnt moved yet :smile:
For headfi purchases the UK removed themselves from the map.. 🤷‍♂️

Dec 23, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #648 of 988
And what does Brexit have to do with Europe. Unless the European Union has changed its name to Europe i see no mistake.

I hope all of you realize that that on the base price of Storm, you always have to add VAT on top of it, be it UK, EU or directly from Singapore. Elise Audio takes that into account for EU sales. I would do your math beforehand. On top of that Elise audio has the best customer service i have ever encountered in audio. Just saying. I'll leave you all enjoying one of the best iems ever - STORM.
Happy holidays for all!

Dec 23, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #649 of 988
And what does Brexit have to do with Europe. Unless the European Union has changed its name to Europe i see no mistake.

I hope all of you realize that that on the base price of Storm, you always have to add VAT on top of it, be it UK, EU or directly from Singapore. Elise Audio takes that into account for EU sales. I would do your math beforehand. On top of that Elise audio has the best customer service i have ever encountered in audio. Just saying. I'll leave you all enjoying one of the best iems ever - STORM.
Happy holidays for all!
Oh, is that what you mean?! I didn't understand that! I actually noticed the lower prices, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Dec 23, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #650 of 988

Happy holidays for all!
That doesn't help if you don't just have to pay VAT but also the customs for the STORM into the UK and then again into the EU. Not sure if shipping has changed but I wouldn't be surprised if that had increased in price as well.

Dec 23, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #651 of 988
That doesn't help if you don't just have to pay VAT but also the customs for the STORM into the UK and then again into the EU. Not sure if shipping has changed but I wouldn't be surprised if that had increased in price as well.
... indeed, I have now checked the prices again: it is (quite) expensive with VAT etc.!

Dec 23, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #653 of 988
The STORMs are something to strive for. These will most likely become something of an Audiophile collector's item in the future, for sure. We can all look back 25 years and remember the story and what it took to create such an amazing pair of IEMs.
In 25 years, when I lose my hearing and all the stuff that comes with it, I will sell my Storm for $1B with the collector's premium inflation. I can't wait!

Dec 23, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #654 of 988
In 25 years, when I lose my hearing and all the stuff that comes with it, I will sell my Storm for $1B with the collector's premium inflation. I can't wait!
Love the plan, it'll fall right into place nicely!

Dec 23, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #655 of 988
Storm Stonks. Invest now.

Dec 23, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #656 of 988
Dec 27, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #658 of 988
My question goes to those of of you guys, who have experience with or own the DX320 max ti and the Cayin N30 LE:

Which of the afore mentioned daps would be in a one device setup your preferred pairing to drive STORM ? I found out that my RS8 is quite OK but does not do justice to STORM in driving it properly.

Would appreciate your recommendation.

320 Max would be my choice over N30LE.

N30LE is of course no slouch but I think the tonality of 320 Max suits Storm a little better, at least for my preferences.

N30LE is a little leaner and crisper, whereas 320 Max fills out notes a little more which gives it a more full bodied and textured sound.

Agreed. I a/b tested 320Max and N30LE with Storm and A/B and I preferred 320Max.

History repeats itself. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back