Sub 50$ IEM for listening to ambient
Jun 4, 2011 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

literati

New Head-Fier
I know my options are really limited at this price range but this is all the cash I could get after selling my soundmagic pl30 and meelectronics m6.

Which sub 50$ IEMs would be best suitable for ambient music.

I am a beginner and cant really explain the music in the correct audiophiliac terms .So here goes some links that are indicative of the music I am listening.If you have the time and patience just listen like one or two minutes of the following links

Carbon based lifeforms

Alpha wave movement

Tangerine dream

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
I would recommend the Sound Magic PL-30 for ambient music,they have a nice soundstage which is great for ambient.  I love listening to Low Light mixes with them.

LOL.  The OP just sold his PL30 according to his post.
I have no idea what's good for ambient music. I suppose you don't want anything sibilant.

Jun 5, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 5
I would second PL30, but OP sold it, lol.

Jun 5, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #5 of 5
Doh!  I guess I should take better care and read the op's post.  My bad.  My other recommendation would be the JVC HA-FXC80 "Black Series" and the brainwavz M1 both of which I use for ambient and downtempo.

Edit:  Hey Literati, what didn't you like about the PL-30's for ambient?  The other phone that I like for this genre is the MEE SP51 which on amazon would be stretching your budget by 6 bucks.  Great dynamic IEM with tunable bass ports. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back