i searched but couldnt really find any besides the airhead

oh yeah, has to be rechargeable

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 10

Quote:
for ER4s and Ipod Classic

i searched but couldnt really find any besides the airhead

oh yeah, has to be rechargeable

Cough, uHA-4, cough .....

Digital volume control. The digital volume circuit, actuated by an Alps up/down pushbutton control, provides extremely tight channel matching for a stable stereo image at all volume levels. The previous volume setting is restored automatically at power-up.
Crossfeed with bypass. The crossfeed circuit sends a delayed and filtered version of the sound to the opposite ear, mimicking the way we hear in a real acoustic environment. This reduces the unnatural sound of hard panning which can occur while listening to some music with headphones.
True ground audio reference. With bipolar voltage rails at +/-6 VDC, there is no need for an output ground buffer which can cause additional output distortion and other audio artifacts. This also allows the UHA-4 to be used as a low-noise DAC/preamp into a line input such as an A/V receiver.
Two-position gain control. Optimize performance for your headphones or earphones by choosing from two gain settings.
Automatic input selection. The input source is automatically selected based on the following priority: analog –> USB.
Advanced battery management. Use any high-power USB port or USB charger accessory to charge the UHA-4. The power indicator turns red when the battery is low, and an internal circuit disconnects the battery before discharging completely, maximizing the lifetime of the battery. The UHA-4 uses a commonly available iPod battery.
Plug-and-Play USB operation. The UHA-4 uses the standard USB audio drivers which are included in Windows and Mac operating systems.

Oct 9, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #5 of 10
Not for that price range. The next option would be an arrow, but that's around 125.00 more. And many who have listened to both say they prefer the leckerton. Another option is the ttvj slim but that even cost much more that the arrow and doesn't have crossfeed. So the only option that has everything you're looking for at the price you're looking for is the leckerton. There are options in the 100.00 price range but neither have crossfeed. The leckerton really is remarkable when you look at price, features, and sound quality. When you look at those factors, it's in a class by itself.

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 10
Practical Devices XM4 has an adjustable crossfeed and is $135 (+25 for the rechargeable option).

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
Not for that price range. The next option would be an arrow, but that's around 125.00 more. And many who have listened to both say they prefer the leckerton. Another option is the ttvj slim but that even cost much more that the arrow and doesn't have crossfeed. So the only option that has everything you're looking for at the price you're looking for is the leckerton. There are options in the 100.00 price range but neither have crossfeed. The leckerton really is remarkable when you look at price, features, and sound quality. When you look at those factors, it's in a class by itself.

i was afraid someone would say this

i really really want it [the Leckerton], was just looking for a last-minute excuse not to spend the 200 bucks

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
Don't feel bad about spending 200.00 on a leckerton. You can spend a lot more and get less.

Bigtime. Read some of the reviews of the XM4 (and those on the uHA-4) before you try to shave a few miserable bucks off your budget. Sooner or later, we tend to bite the bullet and end up spending even more (or maybe thats just me ...)

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #10 of 10
+1 on the Practical Devices XM-4. Get it with the AD8620 opamp and rechargeable battery.

Or, maybe, look for a secondary market Headstage Total Lyrix Pro.

I have found both of those amps enjoyable with Iaudio 7/9 source players  and HD25/MS1 headphones.

BTW - I dislike the "pillow battery" so many amps have these days. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back