Sub $100 Desktop Amp for DT 990 PRO 250 ohm
Jan 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:
I am not being disrespectful so I apologize if you took it that way. I did ask for an amp suggestion (not whether or not to get one). I am running right from the sound card on the computer and the sound is not as good as it is from my portable rigs using IEMs (which many of us do use portable amps for IEMs). I have Hooked my Fiio e6 to the computer and it does improve the SQ so I am looking for a better desktop amp as the e6 is obviously not a desktop amp. There is much improvement to be made using an amp for iems, be it sound quality, sound stage and even sound signature. Thanks

Thats why, I say it again. Get your headphone first. Then you should decide what amp to get. Don't do it the other way round.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #17 of 24
Yep I will do that once I get some cans (might even be a different one from the one I get for IEMs) but I am using IEMs (which I already have) right now and need to get a desktop amp for them. I'll just continue to do research for an iem desktop amp, thanks.

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:
 There is much improvement to be made using an amp for iems, be it sound quality, sound stage and even sound signature. Thanks

I think it depends more on the IEM them the amp. From what Ive seen here some IEMs will improve with an amp and some you wont even notice. So maybe tell us what IEMs your using and someone may be able to tell you if they are even worth amping. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #20 of 24
Some Iems benefit from a good source/dac. I wouldn't amp cheap iems, there's minimal to zero difference. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #21 of 24
Got a bunch of cheap ones but my nicer ones are: X10, MTPG, GR07 BE, RE0 and SM3.

Jul 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #24 of 24
I recommend the Creative X-Fi HD USB. It was £75 = just over $100. It has a built in DAC and Headphone amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back