Sub $1,000 amp for Focal Utopia?
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #16 of 18
This is going to be for a secondary system. Any suggestions for a good amp that works well with the Utopias?

No need to have a DAC built in.

And I don’t mind getting it used from here. And for course, the cheaper the better

Other requirements: need to have balanced Headphones jack, balanced XLR inputs, and preferably fully balanced design.

Too much to ask for that price?

Thanks!
Lake People G108 ($800 USD) ☑️ EDIT: Lake People is a 'sister' company to Violectric.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #17 of 18
This is going to be for a secondary system. Any suggestions for a good amp that works well with the Utopias?

No need to have a DAC built in.

And I don’t mind getting it used from here. And for course, the cheaper the better

Other requirements: need to have balanced Headphones jack, balanced XLR inputs, and preferably fully balanced design.

Too much to ask for that price?

Thanks!
Aunes amps really go well with Utopia, even their smallest model x7s. Their balanced output sounds surprisingly good for the price of their amps and not leaning towards typical THX aaa or topping sound

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #18 of 18
I use a Topping A30 Pro and it's got a totally silent noise floor, 3 connectors out and the same power on all of them. The A70 Pro was also fantastic if you want digital volume with a remote and cool VU meter display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back