Sub-£150 amp for Sennheiser HD600?
Apr 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Gofre

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

So yeah, I've recently started a new job, and whilst my plans were originally to purchase a glorious setup built around a pair of LCD2s, I have unfortunately discovered that living on the south coast of England is bloody expensive! So that plan's on the back burner for the time being, but I will have a small cash injection in the next couple of weeks that I can use to build a nice system around to last me for the rest of the year. I've decided that the headphone will be the Sennheiser HD600, its reputation speaks for itself and to date it is my favourite sounding headphone. This leaves me with about £150 remaining for source components, with the key consideration being the amp because I have a FiiO E17 that I'm quite happy with the DAC performance of. So far I have four amps in consideration:

Schiit Magni
FiiO E09K
Objective2
Audio Technica ATH-A20

Opinions on these amps, or any other amps in budget that you think would be better for the same price (Or up to £180 from Amazon UK, I have £30 in vouchers stored up), would be greatly appreciated. Conversely I can purchase the E09K from Amazon for £80, so it's also a question of whether or not the other amps are worth the added expense, I'm not in the habit of spending money for the sake of spending money. I'm looking for neutrality first and foremost, overly warm amps definitely need not apply!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back