Stymax-Obravo HAMT-1 AMT Hybrid
Jun 9, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #31 of 56
The pads are too thick on Stymax phones and causes slightly hollowness on upper midrange, if you let the pads go through a wringer....
blink.gif
, now...the pads are 1/3 flatter and the headphones got from good to great very balanced and hollowness disappeared complitely .

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #34 of 56

I think they are some graphs made by Tyll what about them?   i judge headphones only with my personal ears that's the best measurement.Do Tyll measure earpads? i don't know do you?

Yeah sure sometimes measurements aren't accurate representation of how the headphone sounds. But I've never seen something that measures this weird. 

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #35 of 56
Yeah sure sometimes measurements aren't accurate representation of how the headphone sounds. But I've never seen something that measures this weird. 

+1

Reviewed in Hi-Fi News by ken Kessler, so I dont have a clue how they sound, I dont meld with the KK review style at all, seeing the response curve reinforced my mistrust of all things KK.
However i you check out Hi-Fi Plus there is a very interesting follow up, that should not be ignored.

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/obravo-hamt-1-follow-up/

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #36 of 56
I agree with Hifi + review.I rate this phone among the top 5 phones of all time,i will get 6N silver balanced cable to see if it get's even better .The only problem is that you have to find the right settings and the right amp to match it otherwise it's only an average phone.If i put HD-800 on head after listening to Stymax the HD-800 sounds veiled.The presentation of tone is real life like pure clean and musical.Have been rolling vents and found the best setting is small/closed/large.

Jun 17, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #37 of 56

The balanced Lavri 6N silver cable is much better than stock cable and now soundstage appears much more balanced and wider.This phone is now very detailed and smooth at same time and liveliness is another level than HD-800.This phone is also very dynamic and bass goes very deep.Midrange is excellent, very natural on voices and hollowness in upper midrange wich appeared at first listenings is gone .I hear a very balanced or linear sounding phone wich is not in line with Tyll measurements .

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #38 of 56
So......are these good or horrible? Seems to be no middle ground, kinda like the Reference R1 from Flare Audio.

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #39 of 56

Look at a standard Koss UR/29 capsule.

Hopefully the manufacturer made a driver redesign on his HAMT1 for better resolution capabilities.
The Koss capsule performs slightly better over the K240 driver.

Jul 16, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #40 of 56
BTW where can you buy these? oBravo site tells me nothing....

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #41 of 56
I bought the Obravo hamt-1 one month ago and now it has run-in for almost 500 hours. What I can say is that I am really impressed by its performance. At first the bass was disorderly, the mid-range was hollow and the treble was recessive.

But after 500 hours of burning-in, the result was pretty impressive.I just used my classic Sony D-350 discman to run it, yet the bass now has become very organised, spongy and potent; mid-range has become very natural and real when portraying vocals; and the treble has become crispy and clear when portraying muscial instruments. If I plug in the hamt-1 with my yet-to-arrive Geek Pulse I'm pretty sure that the excitement and enjoyment will reach another level.

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #42 of 56
Oh by the way, the hamt-1 is famous for its soundstage presentation, which is moderately present even without the amplifier. So I hope with the arrival of the amplifier, I expect the soundstage will be greatly enhanced. I'll burn-in the headphone with JMR Magic CD by then, expect the end result will be amazing.

Share more with you guys on that later!

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #43 of 56
I bought the Obravo hamt-1 one month ago and now it has run-in for almost 500 hours. What I can say is that I am really impressed by its performance. At first the bass was disorderly, the mid-range was hollow and the treble was recessive.

But after 500 hours of burning-in, the result was pretty impressive.I just used my classic Sony D-350 discman to run it, yet the bass now has become very organised, spongy and potent; mid-range has become very natural and real when portraying vocals; and the treble has become crispy and clear when portraying muscial instruments. If I plug in the hamt-1 with my yet-to-arrive Geek Pulse I'm pretty sure that the excitement and enjoyment will reach another level.

Very nice! I look forward to listen to these at the RMAF show.

Sep 17, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #45 of 56
Keep on running-in the HAMT-1 I find the bass more solid and the treble exhibits less and less sibilance, which makes the entire listening experience more enjoyable and "sustainable". Plus the soundstage has widened a bit as well. I suspect that the air motion the air motion tweeter unit requires more power to drive it so as to deliver its optimal performance. Too bad I'm still waiting for the Geek Pulse of LHLABS to arrive later this month. Hope the performance will be enhanced by that time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back