Stupid ticket scalpers
Feb 17, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember when I bought a ticket for the DJ Tiesto concert for my old roommate a while back they actually printed the name of the credit card holder and the name of the person who was authorized to use the ticket on the ticket. You had to present ID at the gate if I remember right to prove you were the person authorized to use the ticket.

There were a load of people who bought Led Zep tickets on eBay for the reunion concert in London (paying extortionate prices for them) and when they got there, they were refused entry because they didn't have the credit card details needed to prove they bought the tickets themselves.

So, tickets sold out fast - and the only other option was to go the eBay route - and after parting with a bucket-load of money - they didn't even get to go in. I don't know if the ticket-buyers were made aware of that before they parted with their money, but it seemed the only people who 'won' were the scammers who bought them with the sole intent to sell them. The losers were the fans who got ripped off and didn't even get to see them play.

Feb 17, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get me wrong, I love going to live performances. It's just not worth forking over $150 for a crappy seat, $25 for parking and then another $25 for a hot dog and a beer. If I go to a classical performance, the ticket is usually $10-$30 and $5 or so for parking. You can get into jazz lounges/clubs with a two drink minimum, or sometimes a cover. That's reasonable.

You can go see rock bands for $10-20 in almost every city in the country every friday and saturday night. You'll pay $150 for a crappy seat to see yo yo ma, too. Stick to lesser known performers and you get lower prices. And a much greater chance of getting to see music being created instead of performed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back