Stupid question : pictures of a box !
Feb 6, 2005 at 9:53 AM Post #16 of 22
q6ibounce.gif
Wow ! Some much boxes !
smilie_pop_eyes.gif

@BigRobb
Hey ! we have ordered the same thing on the same day !
rs1smile.gif
Funny !

Thanks everybody ! I'm impatient !!
excited.gif

Feb 6, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #17 of 22
Sympathize with your Grado experience. FedEx left my Eddie Current HD300 on the front stoop in a steady rainstorm. The guy knocked once and didn't even look back to see if anyone answered. Good thing I was at home and waiting for it.

BW

Feb 7, 2005 at 10:38 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
Sympathize with your Grado experience. FedEx left my Eddie Current HD300 on the front stoop in a steady rainstorm. The guy knocked once and didn't even look back to see if anyone answered. Good thing I was at home and waiting for it.

BW

Well my father had a bad experience with HDL... He ordered a FreeBSD 8 CD pack, and HDL handled it. They put 6 messages in our letterbox, saying he came and found noboby. The problem was that we were all at home when he was pretending nobody was !
angry.gif

We called the hq of HDL, they said he would pass once again the next day. He did again ! But we saw him, we went out and had a little discust with !
They were paid per passing ! He told HDL his behavior, and we don't what happened to him. He may have not even been fired. Who knows ...
But from this day, we sweared to never ship something through HDL again !
palizaconsilla7eo.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 11:40 AM Post #19 of 22
I am foxed by how bad US mail seems.

I routinely see websites charging 15 dollars for shipping and handling within the US, when I'd consider it expensive to get charged half that in australian dollars.

And they leave the box on the door step! Damn - if your not home with australia post, they leave a note and you have to go down to the local post office to collect it. The mind boggles
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 12:29 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by djbnh
Hey, I have a really big mailbox that can fit whole packages in it, like the Grado box or priority mail boxes, etc. All my magazines lay flat, too. Sounds like some forum posters here could use a bigger mailbox. Cost = $30? Rubbermaid makes a few different sizes. The only mailbox problem I've had over the years of living in the country is the post and attached box got tossed once during high school graduation week. I subsequently dug a deep hole, filled a 5 gallon pail with cement, and put a new post (3 - 2X4s lag bolted together, and mail box lag bolted into the posts) and box into that. Of course, 4 months later I found the old box and post thrown over a stone wall down the road!
icon10.gif
Those HS pranksters!

My mailbox is too small so I always get stuff delivered to my work address.

Feb 7, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu
I am foxed by how bad US mail seems.

I routinely see websites charging 15 dollars for shipping and handling within the US, when I'd consider it expensive to get charged half that in australian dollars.

And they leave the box on the door step! Damn - if your not home with australia post, they leave a note and you have to go down to the local post office to collect it. The mind boggles
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't think the USPS is very expensive. Remember, some companies use "Shipping and Handling" as a profit center.

As for leaving stuff on your doorstep, that seems to vary by locale. At home on Long Island, they'll usually leave stuff on your doorstep because it's safe and people don't want to trek down to the post office (only open M-F 9-5 and S 9-1) to pick up their packages. However, when I lived in Philadelphia in a not-so-nice neighborhood, you had to pick up anything that didn't fit through the mail slot.

Feb 7, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #22 of 22
Well if anyone needs a non-soggy box and foam for the SR125 I'm going to put it up in the accessories forum. I was going to use the foam for my project box insert but it doesn't fit my joe grado cans - it only works with john grado types, rats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back