Stupid question : pictures of a box !
Feb 5, 2005 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Ko Nectic Jazz

100+ Head-Fier
I just would like to know what the Alessandro's box looks like ?
For a MS1 or upper ?
biggrin.gif

... this is childish, I know it.
redface.gif
tongue.gif
But... anyone ?

Feb 5, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 22
nothing fancy really,just a grayish cardboard box with a cellophane window so you can see the cans.

inside the headphones are packed in a form fitting foam that can be removed and inserted in a wood box (like the original RS-1 box) for storing them.

BTW-when my Alessandro MS-1s were delivered theidiot mail man (mail person ?
tongue.gif
) put the box on top of my mail box because it would not fit inside.

Well this p*ssed me off on two levels :

1-any knucklhead with dishonest intent could have seen the box while driving by and decided to take a closer look and once seeing what was inside no doubt the delivery would never have reached my ears.

2-it was freakin POURING rain !!!!!!!!! A damn deluge !
I came in from work around five PM,my mail delivery was normally around eleven AM and it was raining the entire day so this "cardboard" box with my headphones inside was in the rain at least six hours !
eek.gif

i get out of my jeep just knowing what the box is on top of my mailbox and also I KNOW it is not something i want to see.
I know there is no way the headphones could have survived the all day rain in the open and I am ripping p*ssed ,plus not a little upset that after the wait my headphones are unuseable and any claim for replacement will take a while
rolleyes.gif

I pick up the box and yes,it is soggy.Notextremely soggy but enough to tell me this is not good.
So I walk into the house and my wife takes one look at my expression and knows it is not a good time to say anything to me,I walk into another room and take a deep breath so I don't go ballistic.....I open the box and.....THE HEADPHONES ARE FINE !
eek.gif

No moisture inside the box !!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

How is this possible ? The box was exposed to rain all day,torrential at times and yet the interior of the box plus the contents are dry !

Did I say the box was nothing special ? (obviously wrong)

Did I say sometimes I just flat out get lucky ? (a damn rarity)

Did I say my former mail man was an as*hole without the common sense of a five year old ? (I won't go into all the magazines he bent in half hard enough to put a crease down the entire center so i could not even read the damn thing without first piling a stack of books on top !)

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2005 at 12:32 AM Post #4 of 22
There is just a little bit of postal animosity here, huh?

Feb 6, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #5 of 22
oops ! wrong button
rolleyes.gif

anyway-

Quote:

There is just a little bit of postal animosity here, huh?

I receive not a few magazines biweekly or monthly plus technical data sheets on almost a daily basis.I am in the habit of archiving these for future reference and since childhood have had a fetish about creases in paper goods.

I HATE it when someone folds a magazine or paper in half hard enough to make a permanant crease or if there are tears or discolorations because some idiot had dirty hands or....well you see where i am coming from.
tongue.gif

And this postal worker did this "hard fold' to every single magazine or technical paper he delivered.

Did I bring this up to him ? Say 'jeez man,why not just do a soft fold to fit it in the mailbox so you don't ruin my literature".

Absoutely and he continued.

did i then let him know i was not happy with him ?

again yes.

did i even call his supervisor and b*tch.

Absodamnlutely !

And nothing changed.
rolleyes.gif

Add to that he put my headphones on top of my mail box out in the open right at the roadsise and in a damn downpour and I would have to say yes,I have total animosity towards this particular mail person and if I did not move from that area it would have gotten ugly.
Someone was headed for an old fashioned a*s whipping.
cool.gif

Feb 6, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #6 of 22
Don't think I was challenging you, I would have been just as upset and have myself had a few not-too-kind words with postal folk. Mostly I just wanted to express my unexpected surprise after reading your post.
icon10.gif

Feb 6, 2005 at 1:03 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Don't think I was challenging you, I would have been just as upset and have myself had a few not-too-kind words with postal folk. Mostly I just wanted to express my unexpected surprise after reading your post.

...must......remember...... to.... add.... emoticans..........
biggrin.gif

I was actually posting with tongue firmly in cheek even though serious at the time
cool.gif

Salt Peanuts : Not the same man ! I guess they changed the box since I purchased mine three years ago

Feb 6, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #9 of 22
My SR80 came in a box with a cellophane window. So I was bit surprised when I received my MSP (last year). MSP box is much thicker and sturdier, though. It also had foam padding on top as well, probably so the wood housings don't get scratched up.

Oh, and I haven't had too much problem with mailmans, or couriers in general. Athough the UPS man looked ready to kill me when he delivered my C555ES.

Feb 6, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #10 of 22
grado box
grado1.jpg

which is non corrugated cardboard box, with window. then headphones flat in foam cut out.

Feb 6, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #11 of 22
ms2box.jpg

ms2box2.jpg

(yellow pads not standard)

Feb 6, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #12 of 22
Hey, I have a really big mailbox that can fit whole packages in it, like the Grado box or priority mail boxes, etc. All my magazines lay flat, too. Sounds like some forum posters here could use a bigger mailbox. Cost = $30? Rubbermaid makes a few different sizes. The only mailbox problem I've had over the years of living in the country is the post and attached box got tossed once during high school graduation week. I subsequently dug a deep hole, filled a 5 gallon pail with cement, and put a new post (3 - 2X4s lag bolted together, and mail box lag bolted into the posts) and box into that. Of course, 4 months later I found the old box and post thrown over a stone wall down the road!
icon10.gif
Those HS pranksters!

Feb 6, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #13 of 22
Our postal service here in australia just dont deliver it if your mailbox is too small and you're not home. They leave it at the post office and leave you a note telling you to pick it up

seems sensible to me. I'd prefer my headphones sitting at the post office then on top of my mailbox.

Feb 6, 2005 at 7:11 AM Post #15 of 22
The packaging sucked. Trying to think of a way to make a decent box for them :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back