Stupid Monitor Idea
Mar 11, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. The only things worth getting into debt over are house, education, healthcare, and maybe vehicle. Nothing else.

What if one doesn't own a vehicle, does that mean they can substitute it for something else.
L3000.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stuck pixels are very common- I'm happy that my new HP LP2475w only has 1. I don't think I've ever owned a device with a full size LCD that didn't have stuck/dead pixels.

Wow, I have always gotten a refund/replacement if there where any bad pixels with my LCD screens.

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #18 of 22
I've never had a monitor with a stuck or dead pixel, but my first Nintendo DS had a really annoying one on the top screen.
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I have always gotten a refund/replacement if there where any bad pixels with my LCD screens.

I just see it as an inherent defect in the technology. I have a stuck pixel almost in the middle of my current monitor but it doesn't bother me enough to even consider returning it.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just see it as an inherent defect in the technology. I have a stuck pixel almost in the middle of my current monitor but it doesn't bother me enough to even consider returning it.

I agree about the inherent defect. Can't say it doesn't bother me, though. I suppose it could be worse, though. The pixel could be in a spot where it's more easily/often noticed.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #21 of 22
Think that sort of thing is illegal. That said, I pulled a similar trick after my Razer mouse stopped working. Bought another one from Best Buy, packed up the broken one, and returned it, claiming it was defective. They were none the wiser. Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you end up in the slammer.

Mar 15, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #22 of 22
Make sure the same box goes back to the same retailer. Thats more likely what they will scan.

Chances are it will just get labled and sent straight back to the manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back