Stupid Monitor Idea
Mar 9, 2009 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Jigglybootch

Headphoneus Supremus
So I bought a monitor from Best Buy. I like it, but it has a single stuck pixel that's really bothering me. I can get the same monitor from Newegg for the same price I paid at Best Buy. So here's what I was considering...

I buy the monitor from Newegg in the hopes that there are zero stuck pixels. If so, I return the monitor to Best Buy and get my money back. If the Newegg monitor isn't any better, I just pack that one up and return it to Best Buy and get my money back.

The key with Newegg is that I can get no interest financing for a year. So if I buy it from Newegg and then return the other one to Best Buy, I get my money back and I get a year with no interest to pay off the monitor.

Sound reasonable?

Mar 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Newegg may check the seerial number upon return, other than that WTH.

I wouldn't be returning it to Newegg, though. I'd be returning it to Best Buy.

One thing I didn't mention is that I did spring for the warranty on the monitor from Best Buy, because apparently the model is being discontinued. But with the warranty, should anything go bad I can take it back and get a replacement. I bought the last one, though, and I don't know when Best Buy is going to be getting a new stock of monitors. That's the only reason I'm considering going to Newegg.

Mar 9, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 22
They check the serial number. So they don't have to deal with this kind of stuff.

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 22
Stuck pixels are very common- I'm happy that my new HP LP2475w only has 1. I don't think I've ever owned a device with a full size LCD that didn't have stuck/dead pixels.

Mar 9, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ehh isn't that fraud to switch items out like that? I mean sure its the same model....but...

If it is, I'm not really bothered by it.

Of course, you guys will probably think I'm insane when I say that the pixel in question is near the bottom right corner of the screen, just above the "AM/PM" in the Windows taskbar. It isn't in a place where it really causes an issue with anything, but it still really bothers me.

At this point I'm tempted to just take the monitor back, get a refund and go back to using my 20" Samsung (which has no stuck or dead pixels) and sit on the money.

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
google on how to fix stuck pixel and try out some of the methods.

Done and done. Didn't work. And for the record, the pixel is dead, not stuck.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #12 of 22
Its up to you, but I've had monitors with 1-2 dead pixels before, and I know they are bothersome at first, but you won't notice them after a couple days.

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #13 of 22
I probably wouldn't care so much if it weren't for the fact that this is the first monitor where I've had a dead or stuck pixel. I suppose it's forutnate that the pixel in question is in a such an out of the way spot, but I still can't help but zero in on it everytime I look at the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back