Stumptown Head-Fi Meet FTW!
Aug 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #61 of 70
And I bring 2 boxes of CD's? Something to think about? Well I do share my sounds.

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #63 of 70
By the next meet I will have another box full of new music. All new releases. Picked up 3 CD's yesterday. The new Mogwai is awesome.

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #64 of 70
At least now I can rip cds that people want to hear since I reripped all my music to its native 16/44 format. I can rip a cd in 3min now rather than the 20min process I did per cd in my last setup. Right now its like having all new music. Getting acquainted with what I already have.

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #65 of 70

Quote:
And I bring 2 boxes of CD's? Something to think about? Well I do share my sounds.

My thought is that the more I am familiar with the song, the better the chance of me being able to pick out some of the differences in a particular song. However, I totally get the idea of taking a bunch of stuff and just enjoying the music too.  I'll probably do a little of both next meet.

Aug 27, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #66 of 70
took me way too long to post something, but i didn't get much listening done so i don't have many impressions to share.  though i've been lucky enough to audition the cavalli liquid fire for a few weeks now, and DAMN i want one.  

thanks to the newbies for coming and sharing your gear (you still had more to contribute than i did).  it was awesome to listen to marximus' cmoy after mistaking a full tin of altoid mints for a piece of gear.  that was a dumb moment.  

thanks to gil for the music that i will be taking from ken next week.  =)  

thank you to alex for making the trip and bringing up some awesome cans to audition.  i've been on the list for a while, hopefully it won't be too much longer...  

thanks ken for being an awesome host!  

thanks to everyone i chatted with, and those who made it to the after-meet.  it was a good time!  

and definitely thanks to sachu for making a portland meet a reality!  

Aug 28, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #67 of 70

Quote:
took me way too long to post something, but i didn't get much listening done so i don't have many impressions to share.  though i've been lucky enough to audition the cavalli liquid fire for a few weeks now, and DAMN i want one. 

This is why I brought the proto to the meet in the middle :wink: , just had to get folk to look past the "Lethal Voltages" :)

Quote:
dBel84 said:

I took the recently completed "EHHA II" -( Liquid Fire ) and for those who braved to listen to it, only had good things to say.

SeaPortMeet011.jpg

glad you all had a great time ..dB

Aug 28, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #68 of 70
Man, I'm bummed about not being able to go to the meet. I was too busy riding the Portland Century that day which was...painful...and didn't know about the meet until the day before. Note to self...log into head-fi regularly to see what's going on. Well, the Seattle meet sure sounds enticing.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 18, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #69 of 70

Quote:
Man, I'm bummed about not being able to go to the meet. I was too busy riding the Portland Century that day which was...painful...and didn't know about the meet until the day before. Note to self...log into head-fi regularly to see what's going on. Well, the Seattle meet sure sounds enticing.
tongue_smile.gif

While it would have been nice to listen to the various items and meet people, you'll definitely enjoy longer term benefits if you keep up the riding. I too should check in more often but I've been a lot busier than just a few months ago. I'll keep my eyes open for the next one. 

Feb 27, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #70 of 70
I am not going to attend myself, Brad is and will have the New valvecode All cascode Tube headphone Amp as well as the L3 Portable. I think he could use some help with Sources and Headphones if anyone can help TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back