Stumptown Head-Fi Meet FTW!
Aug 23, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #31 of 70

Quote:
This is one thing that I am very eagerly looking forward to..trying out the LCD-2 cables.
biggrin.gif

The V2 cable with 8 wire run, makes very audible difference. Now the problem is the extra material will cost money.

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #32 of 70
I'm sure you'll be doing it anyway, but PM Ken.  He mentioned possible pricing, but I don't want to make it look like I'm trying to put words in his mouth or anything.

For sure I'll be considering it as well.  I think I'm at a good "rest stop" for my gear right now, just tweaking a little here and there.  Maybe buy some stuff that doesn't cost too much to just try some stuff out.  But at least the amp and the cans are probably staying as my primaries for a while.

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #33 of 70
Quote:
That is great Hammy
biggrin.gif
What did you get? How did your rig sound with the CD's? Did they make your rig sing or rock your socks?

One of the CDs sings and one rocks my socks.  Got Michael Brecker's Wide Angles and Gov't Mule's Deepest End.  The Gov't Mule rocks and is a tour of bass players.  Just what I need.  :)

At the meet I liked the Asgard amp with the Sen HD600 and the Denons.  It packs some dynamic punch.  Wakes up the Sens.  It's a warm amp though in the temperature sense.  I'd have to do some thinking and rearranging to figure out how to make room for it.  Can't stack it on other gear or have anything stacked on it.  Gotta give it some breathing room.  It would be a challenge to find room for it on my desk.

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #34 of 70
Thanks Ken for laying out the foundation for it all, and thank you Alex for making the trip up and spreading the love. Great to see a few first timers. This being only my 2nd meet I was somewhat more prepared to not get "overwhelmed". My focus was on the LCD-2's which are coming very soon....man did I come to the right place! There seemed to always be a pair around, and pick and choose your cables. The new 8 wire was stunning. The Micro amp was quite impressive. Of course the liquid fire which I did not hear at the meet, but listened to a couple of weeks ago with the LCD-2 is simply marvelous. Vivaldi + Fire + LCD via ALO cable = smile. The mod that Ken did on the Fostex T50RP, was wonderful, leaps and bounds above the stock. Hope folks had a chance to hear them, I'll be getting one as soon as ya got 'em Ken??  The ESP 950 set also impressed. Thanks also to Hammy for letting me find out I'm not toasting my eardrums, thanks to Gil for the music, and hey, isn't that Sachu in the backrgound of the group photo still gettin down (or more likely crackin' open someones cans while they're not looking, hehe). 

Quote:
Bought two CDs on the way home because Big Poppa told me to. :)

Careful Hammy, don't follow his advice to closely or you won't be able to FIND your way home

Oh, and thanks guru for keeping me out and about till the wee hours 
beerchug.gif

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #35 of 70

Quote:
We agreed in order to go to Portland meet, we hit the Coach store on the way back. But I manage to milk it untill 7:00pm when we got there
biggrin.gif
, Coach store was closed. Perfect!

And I got my LCD-2 coming too!

OMG haw haw.. Your wife was such a good sport the whole day I hope you were able to compensate for the store being closed? too funny.

When is your Seattle meet again?

The Stacker was a real treat to listen to for me at the meet, also enjoyed the plethora of tricked out orthdynamic phones, the modded Yamaha, and the thunderpants I was especially keen on. bigpoppa thanks for the CD referrals bro!

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 24, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #36 of 70

Quote:
Great meet.  Really enjoyed the variety of music at hand, seemed like a lot of LCD2s there but that was one of the main things I wanted to listen to again, and besides there were only fanboys there anyway!  Planning on getting in the waiting list soon myself.  I'll make sure to bring cables to the next Seattle meet so that the Zero amp can be a little more than just a tabletop accessory.

We should have dubed the meet LCD2palooza, Fanboy-con.... Ortho-fest ok Ill stop.

kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #37 of 70

Quote:

Ill probably not rasise the price much from where it is now and just have a trade in program for the folks that picked up the 4 wire version...

I continue to be floored by the LCD2 though, a real treat.

Kb

PS: not sure why the quoted txt did now show?

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #39 of 70

Quote:
 The mod that Ken did on the Fostex T50RP, was wonderful, leaps and bounds above the stock. Hope folks had a chance to hear them, I'll be getting one as soon as ya got 'em Ken?? 

Oh, and thanks guru for keeping me out and about till the wee hours 
beerchug.gif

tunarat,

You got it... will make one. Sachu gave me some great suggestions on making the mod even better so the ones I will be making now will be even better.

Thanks

Ken

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #40 of 70
Hey guys, I was able to bring a DAC made by Phil LaRocco. It was hooked up to my Arcam to the WA3+ modded. If if can get a few opinions on the sound of the rig that would be great. I know I had to wait to listen to my rig so it was listened too. Thanks guys.

Aug 24, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #42 of 70

Quote:
Better get your BA ready budy
beerchug.gif

It will be there. Looking forward to impressions.

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #43 of 70

Quote:
Ill probably not rasise the price much from where it is now and just have a trade in program for the folks that picked up the 4 wire version...

I continue to be floored by the LCD2 though, a real treat.

Kb

PS: not sure why the quoted txt did now show?

Sorry, this is OT and after reading this post couldn't keep from asking a question about the cable. I did notice in the pics of the meet the new crazy lookin cable. You are offering a trade in for a new one? Is it improved?

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #44 of 70

Quote:
Sorry, this is OT and after reading this post couldn't keep from asking a question about the cable. I did notice in the pics of the meet the new crazy lookin cable. You are offering a trade in for a new one? Is it improved?

What I noticed most about the new 8 wire cable was a better low end definition...yeah really,  and a little better detail retrieval. All around a step up, not as dramatic as from the stock to the original one, but a definite improvement

Aug 24, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #45 of 70

Quote:

What I noticed most about the new 8 wire cable was a better low end definition...yeah really,  and a little better detail retrieval. All around a step up, not as dramatic as from the stock to the original one, but a definite improvement

To my observation the most notice improvement is vocal and mid range, to be more smooth in a good way. go back right away to V1 or stock cable, I would notice nonlinear sonically, and some edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back