Studying Abroad in Australia
Jan 24, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #16 of 32
Australia is a lovely place. Tasmania is much quieter than the other states in Australia - mostly in terms of entertainment. But, it is great for outdoor pursuits. It's cooler than most other parts of Australia as well.

Brisbane can get hot and very humid, but the people are mostly very nice. Melbourne is very cosmopolitan, but it is overcast a fair bit, however, the people are mostly very friendly. Sydney just feels like a big city.

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the freezing cold weather.

And the entire island being related to one another
tongue.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #18 of 32
A friend of mine did a semester at a university in Perth and she loved it. Not sure if that will help much, though.

Jan 24, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the people are mostly very friendly.

I think this statement relates to Australia on the whole, particularly the "quieter" states like WA, SA, and Tas.

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #22 of 32
Studying a Broad is good anywhere am-I-right am-I-right.

In all seriousness I wish you all the best, I took a couple short (1-2 month) study trips and loved every minute of them.

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #23 of 32
I like Brisbane, not too quiet, not too loud. I'm starting at UQ this year, I'd say it ahs the best facilities of any uni in Queensland. And all you canetoads can bugger off
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #24 of 32
My brother did a semester abroad at the University of Wollongong. He loved it; did a lot of cool things and even picked up a little bit of surfing. Towards the end of the semester, my parents and I went to Wollongong and then Sydney for a couple of weeks. There are so many cool things to do there.

Jan 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakattack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like Brisbane, not too quiet, not too loud. I'm starting at UQ this year, I'd say it ahs the best facilities of any uni in Queensland. And all you canetoads can bugger off
biggrin.gif

What about the blondes man?
You know the ones I mean.
popcorn.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #26 of 32
Studying a broad in Australia,huh? I hope shes pretty. You wont study her very long if she isnt.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakattack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

What are you doing?

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cianyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the entire island being related to one another
tongue.gif

There are a fair few places in Qld where you have to be careful who you are talking about.
Got to love it when you meet 10 people with different surnames and they all look the same.

Jan 25, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are a fair few places in Qld where you have to be careful who you are talking about.
Got to love it when you meet 10 people with different surnames and they all look the same.

lol.. i know some other places like that too
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just be aware Brisbane rental prices are beyond insane
wink.gif

I'm not sure what you'd think of sydney prices then.. pretty tight rental market at the moment.

I did a couple of years postgrad at the university of sydney. With your interests, etc you should so ok here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back