Studio Beats Problem - Please Help
Dec 25, 2010 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

logos22

New Head-Fier
So I recently picked up a pair of studio beats and they have been great...up until now. Just yesterday I noticed that the right speaker, the side with the noise canceling switch/button, makes a fuzzy/static hissing noise and occasionally increases in volume, ending with a popping sound that kinda hurts my ear. The problem occurs regardless if the cord is plugged in or not, both into the headphones themselves and my ipod. The headphones are barely a month old, and considering the price I don't think they should be bugging out this early. I am still under warranty, but since I have to wait until monday to file a claim, I was wondering if you guys had any advice as to what the problem is. Perhaps it's something that is easily fixed? Thanks.

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 16
that is the "white noise" i believe. it's normal. the headphones do that because it is constantly cancelling out external noise. it goes away once the music starts playing.

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 16
Yeah and the active noise cancellation interferes with the music. That's why Headfi-ers hear don't recommend the Beats or any other active noise-cancellation phones. If you want noise isolation, a quality pair of IEMs does it much better than active ones. If you want sound quality, you can get something just as good for around 120 USD. Agreed, it looks "cool" to some people but i dont think its worth it.

Quote:
that is the "white noise" i believe. it's normal. the headphones do that because it is constantly cancelling out external noise. it goes away once the music starts playing.

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 16
This sound is a lot different than the white noise you are talking about. I know that there should be a little white noise with these headphones, but this is a lot louder with an occasional popping sound. The problem is there regardless if music is playing and it only started recently. Also, it's only in one ear which I'm sure isn't normal. 

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #5 of 16
Then it should be a problem with it. See if the warranty covers it so you can get it fixed.. hopefully.

Quote:
This sound is a lot different than the white noise you are talking about. I know that there should be a little white noise with these headphones, but this is a lot louder with an occasional popping sound. The problem is there regardless if music is playing and it only started recently. Also, it's only in one ear which I'm sure isn't normal. 

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #6 of 16
Without bashing the Beats...you will most likely be better off trying to get your money back and buying something else. If you like the Beats...do a search using Beats as your search term and you will get numerous threads talking about why the Beats are inferior and you will also get tons of recommendations on other, much better, and usually cheaper alternatives. If you cannot not get a refund, get them fixed or replaced and sell them. They should sell quickly on ebay or Craigslist, especially if you get new ones in exchange for your busted ones. As terrible as Monster products are, I have heard to their benefit that they have good customer service. 

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #7 of 16
Shoot, I guess I'll go back and try to get them replaced/refunded at the store, and if that doesn't work I'll go through monster. I don't think I'll have a problem because my friend got his replaced when they snapped the day he bought them :/ I guess that goes to show how deceiving advertising can be. I always thought Monster was a good brand. It's too bad too because I think they look really cool and sound great (at least to me), and I couldn't pass it up on black friday because they were half price. Anyways, thanks for the advice guys. Also, if anyone else has any suggestions of what the problem could be or perhaps a good pair of over-ear headphones in the $150 range, it would be much appreciated. If not, I'll get to searching. 

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
Without bashing the Beats...you will most likely be better off trying to get your money back and buying something else. If you like the Beats...do a search using Beats as your search term and you will get numerous threads talking about why the Beats are inferior and you will also get tons of recommendations on other, much better, and usually cheaper alternatives. If you cannot not get a refund, get them fixed or replaced and sell them. They should sell quickly on ebay or Craigslist, especially if you get new ones in exchange for your busted ones. As terrible as Monster products are, I have heard to their benefit that they have good customer service. 

A lot of people dont care about the price. They just want one that most people in the streets will turn their heads and look and go "Wow that guy is rich and have status". Also, some people desire the sound signature of beats (overpowering bass since it helps cancelling some noise on streets), i know some friends even want a muddy signature, since they dont like a song's bare details exposed to them, and the analytical sound is too lifeless.

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #9 of 16
Yeah, I know what you are talking about. I am experiencing the same problem, and this is my second part. I already exchanged my new one and got these black ones. The static noise started at the second day of purchase. Mine are brand new and it bothers me a lot. I talked with the guys in the store where I got them and they told me there was a malfunction, so they gave me a new pair, but again??? It is hard to believe two new original pair in a row can have that malfunction. So I came online to find out about my problem. I've have been reading and the answer that make more sense says that there is a problem of the WiFi connection. 

Actually I experience problems when I am listening to Pandora, watching YouTube or Netflix. When I am listening to iTunes, i don't have the problem. Also, the static noise happens so randomly that it definitely is not the cable or the connection.

I am experiencing the buzzing/static noise just in my left headphone.  

Nov 11, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #10 of 16
Hey dude, this is my second response for a second post of you, lol. Monster is awesome. I've been using Monster cables for my guitars beating the crap out of them and those cables are as good as brand new. The best I've ever used, so it is definitely NOT the cable. I've exchanged two times the Beats Studio in the store where I got them, so I am using my third pair. They just sound extremely awesome so I refuse to switch to a crapy Candy or Sonny. I've been doing a lot of research and I think the static noise comes from the WiFi connection. 

When I am playing with my guitar (Gibson) and I put my iPhone close to the amp I get the same buzzing/static noise. Again, when I am using iTunes I don't experience any problem. 

Apr 7, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #13 of 16
Same thing happened to me. Unfortunately there is no way of fixing it on your own ( at least I don't know any). Luckily, beats offer a one year warranty covering any defects In the product. If you got it from their website you can get a full refund but if you got it from something like amazon, only warranty can be used. I got sent a new pair and luckily sold it on ebay for the purchase price. I the got some v moda m100 which are better in every way.

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #14 of 16
I have the same problem. Right ear with the button. What I would describe as a random "Pressure Pop" that hurts (I usually pull them off quickly). Its happened like 20 times total but i'm fed up with it. Were you able to get a refund ok ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back