Students of Head-Fi
Aug 23, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #79 of 95
I'm a fifteen year old.
I'm hoping to get a job in the near future and use the earnings to pay for a decent amp and a pair of HE-400s.
They're thinking of holding the next can-con in early January, and I'm going to be coming down from Darwin for a week and I plan to go, so it's nice to know there could be someone close to my age there 
k701smile.gif
It's just a shame that the date could change.

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #80 of 95
As a 15 (16 in a few weeks) year old Head-Fi'er, I've always found the community to be very nice and helpful. I went to a mini-meet about a week ago, and the majority of the people there were in the 16-20 demo. After months of seeing Beats and hearing "YOU SPENT HOW MUCH!!!????", it's always nice to talk to other people who care about sound as much as you do.

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #81 of 95
Quote:
Then  at 2,213 you must have a real low sperm-count :wink:.

Then at 6560, you must still be a bit pre mature. Kids these days. Take it from a high counter here! Because it totally guarantee's my abosolute domineering superiority over all others lesser than I!!! MwAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
I'm posting for the sperms in my nut sack.  Game over.

LOL

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #82 of 95
Quote:
As a 15 (16 in a few weeks) year old Head-Fi'er, I've always found the community to be very nice and helpful. I went to a mini-meet about a week ago, and the majority of the people there were in the 16-20 demo. After months of seeing Beats and hearing "YOU SPENT HOW MUCH!!!????", it's always nice to talk to other people who care about sound as much as you do.

Welcome man!

I'm sure a few of them were happy on the inside to see some young enthusiasts show up! :)

I'm leading the way for a friend and fellow head fier to get his first setup. He has a "high sperm count"(look above) here on head fi but has nothing lol. Just showing him the ropes to new head fi dom

P.S: We are in the anime thread, he doesn't and didn't get it from posting useless advice on head fi. 

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #84 of 95
Quote:
A lot of people say drinking Mt. Dew kills your sperm count. Maybe that explains mine.

That's false actually. Snopes which agrravates and finds all the truths has the info on this.

Dont worry about the counter and post your truthful opinions man! But remember, HEad-fi'ers prefer Cash. Not Credit when you buy things! :) 
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #85 of 95
Welcome man!

I'm sure a few of them were happy on the inside to see some young enthusiasts show up! :)

I'm leading the way for a friend and fellow head fier to get his first setup. He has a "high sperm count"(look above) here on head fi but has nothing lol. Just showing him the ropes to new head fi dom

P.S: We are in the anime thread, he doesn't and didn't get it from posting useless advice on head fi. 

Thanks! I certainly feel welcome. I find myself consistently sidegrading with cheap but nice gear. I'll "cash-in" to something pricier down the road like you mentioned. It kinda started off as a "bang for your buck" kind of thing. I can say this, my Jaycars, Superlux HD681s, M50s, XB500s, 8320s, and K240Ms all came out to as much as one set of Beats Pros. You can throw in my AudioBox if you bump up to the Detox edition.

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #86 of 95
That's false actually. Snopes which agrravates and finds all the truths has the info on this.

Dont worry about the counter and post your truthful opinions man! But remember, HEad-fi'ers prefer Cash. Not Credit when you buy things! :) :D

It was a joke. xD! And besides, I stopped drinking that liquid poison eons ago.

And I thought that Head-fi'ers could use a reminder in fiscal responsibility. That's the point of the user name, and totally not the fact that I'm too young for a credit card. (Sarc)

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #87 of 95
joined at 16 and now 17 and i thought i was young at that time.
i first got into audio equipment when i was 15 when i found a pair of some unknown IEM's collecting dust in a drawer somewhere.
then at my 16th birthday i got a pair of hd202. i was really happy with them.
i became a regular visitor (and word of mouth unofficial salesman) to a brick and motar store called Jaben
i liked to hang out there and try out high end audio equipment, then i found head fi.
i see the people talk about these wonderful headphones like the LCD2, HD800, PS1000, so i wanted an upgrade for myself too (seeing my friend got a srh940)
i tried multiple headphones at about under $200 after conversion and import tax (grado sr125i,srh840,M50,FA 003, Dr150,HD558,HD518, soon narrowed it down to DR150 and HD558)
had a dilemma for weeks, but chose the HD558 due to the large soundstage and refined midrange and clear yet unfatiguing clarity

so yeah thats my journey into headfi and wallet anaroxia 
biggrin.gif
 on side note i heard beats before i knew about them. i thought they sounded horrible :p

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #88 of 95
Quote:
When did you guys become audiophiles? What was your first bit of kit?

I became addicted to sound at 17. My first kit is not so dramatic. Just a Nokia 2730c and a surprisingly good street headphone (less than USD 10, PHP 380). Been on the search for better sound since. Got an iPhone 3G for and found out about "the almighty" Beats by Dr. Dre before my 18th birthday (bought counterfeits because they sound better and are cheaper, sorry). After the headband snapped (you get what you pay for), I looked for good IEMs for less than USD 10/PHP 500. Then I found the SHE3580s and Head-Fi. Now I have my first real kit, Monster Turbines and FiiO E3, E6.

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #89 of 95
I am 15 from India (That is a big deal)

The Headphones - 

Sennheiser HD 650 (I probably will buy another one , soon :D)
Sony MDR-ZX700
Sony MDR-MA900 (Soon- In 2 months)

Past - 
Koss ESP 950 (Served well for 8 years)
Sony MDR V6 (Served well for 3 years - RIP Saturday,June22,2013)
JVC HA-RX700 (Sold)

:D

Jun 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #90 of 95
Quote:
I am 15 from India (That is a big deal)

The Headphones - 

Sennheiser HD 650 (I probably will buy another one , soon :D)
Sony MDR-ZX700
Sony MDR-MA900 (Soon- In 2 months)

Past - 
Koss ESP 950 (Served well for 8 years)
Sony MDR V6 (Served well for 3 years - RIP Saturday,June22,2013)
JVC HA-RX700 (Sold)

:D

You were using the ESP 950 since the age of 7??? And also, you can send them into Koss for replacement as they have a life time warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back