Stuck choosing between best DUNU?
May 9, 2016 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

harry501501

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey, I'm a big fan of the Dunu Titan1/Fiio EX1. With the right bud (for me the comply 500 Small) they have a very unique sound. For me, and many others, they are lots of fun and this is down to their fantastic soundstage. I also love Trinity Audio Deltas, these for their body and lovely warm bass, great all rounders.

I'm currently trying to decide which Dunu would give me the best mid centric listen, while not being too bright. I've read the Titan 3s have very detailed mids, nice and forward. I've also heard the Dn1000s though are exceptionally clear in the mids and have decent bass, but maybe less forward being slightly V shaped. Every time i settle for one I read another review though that sways me lol. I'm looking for best for micro details.

I have looked at the DN2000js but they sound a little too bright and I'm not a big fan of too much treble, very fatiguing to me.

I'd appreciate any opinions, thanks.

May 9, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 3
Dn2000 (non j) has an enjoyable balanced sound (superb end to end extension). Sweet lower mids and superb fantastic note weight.

Fast decaying bass that doesn't get in the way.

T3 is nothing but a love letter to mids signed by Dunu. The timbre is one of the best, even topping the other titans,dn2k and flc8s.

The T5 is really V shaped. Good for old recordings or for boring Radiohead tracks lol.

Go for T3. Don't look back.highly resolving in mids with a sweet price tag.

This will finally depend also on your music collection. I didn't like the titan3 with instrumental jazz. The dn2k (or dn2kj) did so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back