Stuck between the Ultrasone HFI-580's and the Audio Technica M50's
Jul 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

kensclark15

New Head-Fier
I listen to electronica, dubstep, heavy bass (I like to feel the bass), guitar music, country, indie dance, gypsy punk like Gogol Bordello, and a bunch of other stuff. I want headphones where the bass stands out and has a kick. I also like more balanced headphones. I heard both are lacking mids? Which one would be better? I just don't think the S-Logic on the 580's appeal to me. The one song I would like to play a lot and sound great is Lights by Ellie Goulding.

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #2 of 15
dude, the ultrasone series is knwon to be the best for all types of electronic music. thye also are very clear and sound amazing on acoustic folk music. The slogic makes you feel like you are their, especially live recorded songs. Trust me you found your dream headphone. BTW mids arent as bad as m50's. they are quite better. Ultrasone 580 has much better lows and highs are equivalent. Definitly pick 580;s. You wont regret it. I promise : )

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 15
lol jsut over a year ago they were $220, the only headphones thta compare are the ultrasone pro 900, but they are $200 more. youll be happy with the 580's. no need to upgrade : )

Jul 29, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #7 of 15
Well, I just ordered my Ultrasone HFI-580's from Amazon with 1 day shipping! It should arrive next week on Tuesday! I can't wait to break them in and write a review! I'll have to learn all the headphone lingo otherwise I will have a hard time explaining what the sound is like.

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #8 of 15
lol, congrats, they are awesome! Make sure to break them in, unlike many headphones, the 580's have a break in time of 100+ hours! Its fun to listen to them and hear how they change every couple of hours............ im at 70+ hours and they are starting to sound crazy good : )

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #11 of 15
Congratulations :) Hv fun with the HFIs and do post back... great choice...

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:
I just got them! They sound awesome! Is there any way I could make the cord shorter like braiding it or something?

Awesome :)

And about the cord, i guess, u need to ask the modding community on Ultrasones for doing it right. 

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #15 of 15
I just got the 580's as well, today in fact. They are absolutely amazing for electronic music. It makes me wonder about the 900's now. Probably hold off a year or so until I go for them, but if they are even better than the 580's I'm sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back