Stuck between four cans
Aug 6, 2014 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tydeocean

New Head-Fier
I'm in the market for new cans to listen to Mostly dance like Rehab/ Calvin Harris, and the album AM by arctic monkeys with the mix of some rap for under $400 and the sennheiser momentum's didn't have enough bass. That's why i found these cans that i think would have a powerful bass without sacrificing mids or treble was ATH-M50X, V-moda crossfade M100, ATH-Pro700MK2, and Ultrasone HFI-780. Unfortunately i have no were to demo these head phones were i live so I'm asking what you guys think.

Thanks

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 5
  I'm in the market for new cans to listen to Mostly dance like Rehab/ Calvin Harris, and the album AM by arctic monkeys with the mix of some rap for under $400. The cans that i found that i think would have a powerful bass without sacrificing mids or treble was ATH-M50X, V-moda crossfade M100, ATH-Pro700MK2, and Ultrasone HFI-780. Unfortantly i have no were to demo these head phones were i live so I'm asking what you guys think.

Thanks

The M-100 are one of the most "fun" headphones (best suited for electronic genres), and they're built like a tank. Some audiophiles with high-end collections (we're talking five figures here) still own a pair. I can't compare them to the others you listed, but let's just say that if I wasn't going for a more neutral, accurate and balanced sound, they would be my next purchase.

If you want to learn more about what many other people think of them, you can check out these reviews:

Head-Fi
Amazon
InnerFidelity

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #3 of 5
Any one else have some insight on the cans and the way they perform/ which you would recommend for what i have described? Also if you need more info i would be more then happy to supply. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back