stretched out flatpad?
Apr 11, 2005 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ismelllikepoop

100+ Head-Fier
I have a set of grado flatpads that my stupid roomates dog got a hold of. One pad got stretched out so that it falls off constantly while the other one is ok. Is there any way to get it smaller to make it fit snugly again?

Apr 11, 2005 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 4
What Grado 'phones are you using them on? Are you sure you have flats(Just making sure, I've ran into people that thought comfies were flats like what you get at TTVJ)? I don't know how to make foam constrict, but you can always get replacement Sennheiser 414 pads or Radioshack #33-379 pads if you need cheap and effective replacements.

Late,
Abe

Apr 11, 2005 at 11:53 AM Post #3 of 4
sr22fives, sorry my five key doesnt work. they are the actual flatpads, and are pretty d-mn expensive to replace. where do ppl get the sennheiser pads, and which do most ppl prefer, the sennheisers or the radioshacks?

Apr 11, 2005 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Well, the RS pads are great as a replacement for the comfies in the SR60's, and the 414 pads are interesting in that they can be used either regular or VWAP modded, in which you take a quarter and cut around it, in the center of the pad to end up with a center hole for detail enhancement. Doing the same thing for the RS pads don't yield such results, unfortunately.
Of course, it's you personal preference that will dictate which you enjoy more.
You can find RS pads at their site with that model number I quoted, and the 414 pads can be found here.
They are the cheapest decent pads you can get, and you might actually like what they do to your SR225's. And you can dye them if you like; I used black shoe polish without any problems.
Oh, and don't worry about the 'damn' word. I say damn all the damn time, damnit!
Hope that info helps.
etysmile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back