Streetstyles...Yet???
Jun 7, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #16 of 54
If he cancelled them why are they still listed on their website and what about the people who received coupons for free street phone at the convention?If you are going to post info that Grado cancelled the phone you need to back it up with more than one sentence.

Jun 7, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #18 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
I check the Grado site periodically for updates, but Grado is really good at keeping secrets!
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed, look how many shocked faces there were when John strolled out with the GS1's at the NY meet... jaws were on the ground..

Ironically, I just spoke to John yesterday, asked him about the SS phones, but received nothing solid as a response from him, not a huge surprise.

Grado Labs is still working on getting them released though, and this is some news/progress!! Can not wait to see them myself though..mmmm

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #20 of 54
Meh, I'd like to see them try to beat the KSC75's, and especially at that price.

Jun 19, 2006 at 6:41 PM Post #21 of 54
Jun 19, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #26 of 54
Todd... time to start taking pre-orders!!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #27 of 54
ah ha ha ha, Early 2006 = September 2006. Wow, no wonder people get pist off at Grado.

Jun 19, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #28 of 54
Wow, its funny because I was just looking at their website last night, and noticed they changed their news section today.

Should be interesting to see what they are. John, I hope you have something nice in store for us!

Jun 19, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #29 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
ah ha ha ha, Early 2006 = September 2006. Wow, no wonder people get pist off at Grado.

Honestly, it is very tiring reading this drivel over and over and over.

So, if Grado releases an unpolished product, folks go nuts, if Grado doesn't release a polished product, folks go nuts.

So which is it now, if Grado doesn't release an unpolished product...folks are going nuts??? Wow I can see the win win situation!

This is out of Grado's hands. They made the drivers, the delays were time and time again, due to the design firm and prototype enclosures they kept coming up with. Once the final release candidate was chosen it had to be produced overseas, meaning tooling then revving up and finally producing. A solid date has been set now. John has repeatedly stated that he doesn't like releasing products that are not fit for production. When it's ready it's ready and that is it.

Anyone who sold phones in anticipation for this new one, burned they may have been, were far too hastey given that the phone was not even out yet. This is not Grado's fault, they mentioned the delays at the National meet etc.

This is the first phone that could really get the general music audience interested in their products. I think it is pretty savy to wait until they have it just right in order even dare to be in the same larger market as Sony, Koss et. al.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back