streaming services recommendations
Dec 7, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #46 of 47
  Those of you using Rhapsody, especially the PC desktop version, I assume you are using Rhapsody 6?

Are you happy with it?

Are you still able to download songs to your DAP?

What DAP are you using?

I'm still on Rhapsody 4, downloading to my Creative Zen Vision M, and I've been resisting upgrading to Rhapsody 6. But now I'm getting pop ups that say they are transitioning everyone to Rhapsody 6 over the coming weeks . . .

Thanks!

Yes, I'm using Rhapsody 6.  I actually like it a good bit better than Rhapsody 4.  The only feature it's missing from 4 is the equalizer, which I didn't use anyhow.  The browse and search functionalities are both much better in 6.  Search could still be improved alot by allowing boolean operators, but at least you can now specify whether your search is for an artist, album, or track.  The interface is also cleaner and more intuitive.

I use the PC App when at my desk, my Android phone at work (where I can't stream on my PC), and a Sansa Clip when I go for a run.  The clip actually seems to sync better with version 6 than it did with version 4.  I was constantly running into issues with the DRM when syncing on version 4 but haven't had any with version 6.

I would definitely recommend updating to Rhapsody 6.  I think you'll like it better.

Dec 9, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #47 of 47
I would definitely recommend updating to Rhapsody 6.  I think you'll like it better.

Thanks for your input. I upgraded to Rhapsody 6 on my laptop but haven't had much time to play with it.

First thing I noticed is that everything on the screen is BIG so there's not as much content per screen as I'm used to with Rhapsody 4. Of course that could be in part because the laptop screen is only 13".

I noticed my library music plays at 192kbps but the same songs stream at 320kbps if I search for them and play them. I need to try adding to my library, downloading, and copying over to my Zen Vision to see if I can get 320kbps to go.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back