Strange Ringing with Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro's
Oct 29, 2012 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Insederec

New Head-Fier
I've had my DT880 pros (with a Fiio e6) for several months now, and I've recently noticed a very quiet but very noticeable ringing noise. At first I thought it was just my ears, but when I lifted up one cup off my ear, I could hear the ringing in the other ear but not that one. It seems to go away when there is a signal through the headphones, and it may just be my imagination, but I think it gets louder the longer I listen to it.
This is incredibly annoying, and I would appreciate some help with this issue as soon as possible.

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I just did, and it seems that it only rings when I put the e6 next to my usb hub. Is this some form of interference?

If this happens next to a usb hub, that interference comes from your PC. Try using a USB splitter. 

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 6
Correction: When plugging the headphones (through the amp) into an iPod, there is no ringing, but when I plug it (again through the amp) into the usb hub there is a very quiet whistling/high pitched hum. I am using the amp now without plugging it in, and there is no background noise. 
I suppose I'll just have to live with it until I can get a better setup. As it is I can't adjust anything at all, so I'm stuck with a short usb cable right next to the hub. Maybe in the future when I get an e7 and a bigger desk everything will sort itself out. Thank you for the help, anyway... 

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Correction: When plugging the headphones (through the amp) into an iPod, there is no ringing, but when I plug it (again through the amp) into the usb hub there is a very quiet whistling/high pitched hum. I am using the amp now without plugging it in, and there is no background noise. 
I suppose I'll just have to live with it until I can get a better setup. As it is I can't adjust anything at all, so I'm stuck with a short usb cable right next to the hub. Maybe in the future when I get an e7 and a bigger desk everything will sort itself out. Thank you for the help, anyway... 

Yep, i understand. It happened to me when i used an E5 plugged to the PC via usb. Reason: its because they are poorly shielded (or not shielded at all) however when i bought an amp/dac the issue was gone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back