Strange results of AQ Sorbothane feet
Aug 17, 2003 at 5:27 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Wilson M.
There are a lot of "platforms" used for isolation.

1) Bright Star's Big Rock (sand filled), Air Mass, IsoRock and Gemini.
2) Symposium's Isis shelf, Svelte shelf, Super Plus platform, Ultra platform and Quantum platform.
3) Black Diamond Racing's Source and The Shelf.
4) Zoethecus has 3-4 different types of shelves for their racks.
5) Grand Prix Audio has 2 types: acrylic and carbon fiber..

Two more on the list.
neuance shelves and Silent Running plat forms work well, too.

Aug 17, 2003 at 8:22 PM Post #17 of 24
I apologise for my omission. Those two brands are quite good. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with everything because they pop up like weeds at times and especially since I'm busy drooling over the Vibraplane. It is the best isolation platform for turntables in my opinion.

Aug 17, 2003 at 9:05 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Wilson M.
I apologise for my omission. Those two brands are quite good. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with everything because they pop up like weeds at times and especially since I'm busy drooling over the Vibraplane. It is the best isolation platform for turntables in my opinion.

Here's another.
This one floats based on a magnet. I wouldn't dare place a watch or digicam near it. hehe.
* relaxa magnetic levitation

Aug 17, 2003 at 9:26 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by kuma
Here's another.
This one floats based on a magnet. I wouldn't dare place a watch or digicam near it. hehe.
* relaxa magnetic levitation

A dealer in Seattle has that in his shop. It's interesting. The magnets aren't all that strong to worry about.

The problem is that it can't handle very heavy components like my 70 lbs turntable.

But it's really fun to push down on it and watch your component bounce up and down.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2003 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 24
I've been really happy with the Neuance shelf under an unsuspended TT. Possibly the best $175 I've spent. Have also used Aurious 1.0s under the CDP which also yielded very impressive results - but I ended up selling them because of upgrades in ICs/speaker cables. Planning on picking up another set down the road.

Aug 18, 2003 at 7:03 AM Post #21 of 24
I put a trio of Final Labs Daruma 3II isolation bearings under my TT and was surprised at the effects also. The soundstage almost reversed itself where the vocals were more upfront.
Oh, I don't consider them isolation devices; I think they soak up excess vibration within the device to improve sonics. These things sat on a table for about three months before I tried them. No placebo effect here.
wink.gif

md

Aug 19, 2003 at 1:51 AM Post #22 of 24
I use empty gamboy cases under the feet of my amp. I find it adds fun factor to the sound.

Biggie.

Aug 19, 2003 at 1:18 PM Post #24 of 24
I picked up some Sorbothane feet from Black Audio they market them as speaker feet, and their price was a lot better than Audioquest.
I have them under my Sony DVD player and my Denon mini system. They made a good bit of difference with my DVD player. But I really need them under the Denon since the player and the speakers are on the same piece of furniture. I also put some automotive interior insulation and a board under the Denon, now it plays just fine despite the speakers being right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back