Straight vs. Right Angle
Aug 12, 2003 at 7:27 AM Post #16 of 28
The question is build quality. With that said there's a lot less good quality right angle plugs out there. But most of the time you should be fine unless we're talking about a very high quality cable here that every little difference would make a difference.

Aug 12, 2003 at 7:30 AM Post #17 of 28
I honestly think right angles are better, but as for my headphones themselves, I like em straight. Some IC are built with one straight, one right angle. Can someone explain to me a possible advantage of that? I don't know because I don't have one of that type.

Aug 12, 2003 at 7:31 AM Post #18 of 28
right angle is better for portable because if you have it in your pocket then the wire and head of the adapter run parallel to the device rather than poking outward.

Aug 12, 2003 at 7:38 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
ProFinger must think it's more convenient. Not sure why though. I really think it's personal preference. Like Sol_Zhen said, if they're both built as well, then there's not going to be a sonic difference. Angled connectors work best for portable gear since the cable won't stick out as far and will be easier to deal with.

well.. i did said i like straght better with portable with remote. when it's only the unit itself, "L" plug's better for sure.. when it's a in-line remote, straght makes the wire hang down smoothly

as for sonic difference, i dont think there's any...since portable units dont sound good enough to notice little difference like a plug

Aug 12, 2003 at 7:44 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by psxguy85
I honestly think right angles are better, but as for my headphones themselves, I like em straight. Some IC are built with one straight, one right angle. Can someone explain to me a possible advantage of that? I don't know because I don't have one of that type.

I had never seen one like this until today when I was looking through Meier Audio and noticed that their mini-mini cable is like this. I thought "Neat!" then "...but why would someone want one like this?" I don't get it either.

Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
right angle is better for portable because if you have it in your pocket then the wire and head of the adapter run parallel to the device rather than poking outward.

What I wanted to say but couldn't quite put it into words right
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2003 at 8:03 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
What I wanted to say but couldn't quite put it into words right
smily_headphones1.gif

that's why they pay me the big bucks.
cool.gif

Aug 12, 2003 at 8:10 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

that's why they pay me the big bucks.
cool.gif

for?

Aug 12, 2003 at 8:11 AM Post #23 of 28
for writing good.
tongue.gif

(i like to fancy myself a writer. just trying to figure out how to get paid for it at the moment.)

Aug 12, 2003 at 9:04 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by jack963
I can't tell if you were mocking me or just being funny....so if you were mocking me, get out of this thread because I am just trying to get a simple question answered and I don't need any smrt ass remarks

wow... haven't seen a prick that big since watching that old-school john holmes video about two years ago

psxguy, the cables with different ends are for people who enjoy smoking crack on lonely winter evenings while dry-humping fur-covered turkeys. The decision between straight connector and 90 degree connector is just for kicks, and anybody who is so unable to choose between the two and chooses to get one of each should probably be violated by camel-riding sea-monkeys. On the other-hand, if somebody actually has equipment that would facilitate the use of a straight and a 90 degree connector, such as a home deck and a portable meta, then they are absolved from having to be violated by the camel-riding sea-monkeys.

Aug 14, 2003 at 1:21 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

for writing good.
tongue.gif

for writing WELL! WELL, ******* it!

Aug 14, 2003 at 4:49 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

wow... haven't seen a prick that big since watching that old-school john holmes video about two years ago

Keep it shut, man. You don't know me; don't judge me.

Quote:

should probably be violated by camel-riding sea-monkeys

Cool man.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back