Straight vs. Right Angle
Aug 6, 2003 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

jack963

100+ Head-Fier
Is there any sonic difference between the two? How about durability? I plan on getting an RCA 2 Mini and also a Mini 2 Mini cable sometime soon, so I was just wondering. Thanks.

Aug 6, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 28
Go with right angle if it's for portable use, they're easier to connect to gear in bags.

Aug 6, 2003 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by jack963
So there wouldn't be a difference in sound? Thanks.

If the straight and right-angle are of comparable build quality, then there shouldn't be a sonic difference .

Aug 6, 2003 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 28
I don't know...those little electrons...going around that turn...they might accumulate some angular velocity...molecular torque...I don't know...

(J/K...)

Aug 6, 2003 at 4:39 AM Post #7 of 28
I can't tell if you were mocking me or just being funny....so if you were mocking me, get out of this thread because I am just trying to get a simple question answered and I don't need any smrt ass remarks, but if you weren't mocking me, it was kind of comical...
confused.gif

Aug 6, 2003 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 28
Dusty's a good guy, it was in good humor.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2003 at 7:00 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

I can't tell if you were mocking me or just being funny....so if you were mocking me, get out of this thread because I am just trying to get a simple question answered and I don't need any smrt ass remarks, but if you weren't mocking me, it was kind of comical...
confused.gif

Sorry, dude, comes with the territory. Please note that if you found it comical under certain circumstances, that you should try and find it comical under all circumstances.

Aug 12, 2003 at 4:52 AM Post #12 of 28
FYI ("for your information" if you don't get that one too), J/K means just kidding.

tongue.gif

I thought it was funny.

Aug 12, 2003 at 4:54 AM Post #13 of 28
if your portable gear has a remote, straghts are better

Aug 12, 2003 at 5:53 AM Post #14 of 28
Wow, thanks for pointing out that "(J/K..."), Rizumu. I honestly did not see that both times I read the post, sorry for the misunderstanding, Dusty.

And ProFinger, is it better in terms of convenience or sound? Thanks.

Aug 12, 2003 at 6:04 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Wow, thanks for pointing out that "(J/K..."), Rizumu. I honestly did not see that both times I read the post, sorry for the misunderstanding, Dusty.

And ProFinger, is it better in terms of convenience or sound? Thanks.

Okay, I wasn't sure if you didn't know what it meant or just missed it.

ProFinger must think it's more convenient. Not sure why though. I really think it's personal preference. Like Sol_Zhen said, if they're both built as well, then there's not going to be a sonic difference. Angled connectors work best for portable gear since the cable won't stick out as far and will be easier to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back