Storm Digital (Ken Law). Please post here if you have ordered and are WAITING.
Jun 12, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #46 of 77
Fellas, play nice. Getting this thread closed won't alleviate the problem its trying to publicize. However, I'd like to remind everyone that there are two sides to every story. Certainly not shipping a DAC in over a year I would consider theft, but according to Ken there is more to the story there that's not my right to disclose. As to him being out of contact, he is always available on msn, though he told me that he has been unable to access his gmail account due to restrictions by the chinese government.

I also see people complaining that they ordered their DAC a month ago and it hasnt shipped. Unless Ken explicitly told you your DAC would ship earlier, I would just not worry about. If a certain part is missing it can hold the whole thing up, and again these small audio boutique are often more passionate than they are practical. Mikhail of SinglePower takes a month or more to respond to emails and the only way to contact and see what a hardworking great guy he is, is by phone. I can however understand people's heightened concern, because they are sending their money overseas. I hope this problem gets resolved and Ken cleans up his act, and again please don't make me don my flame-retardant suit...

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #47 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Hey, it should be pretty obvious that I'm affiliated with Storm, now. I haven't promoted the DAC anywhere outside of my first impressions thread (which was legitimate).

You, on the other hand. Always hiding, always avoiding, but always advertising. A full fledged shill?
smily_headphones1.gif
Kind of funny too, with all of those Zhaolu DACs that went on Audiogon under your alias.

LOL--i have no need to keep my older dacs.But that does seem to bother you for some reason.

So i guess because i like my current dac,if i should post about another dac--then i am promoting----
confused.gif

And name calling----such a childish thing to do akwok

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #48 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerWilco
Geez.

It is no secret i do not like you akwok
very_evil_smiley.gif
I am only concerned about my future purchase from ken and have posted that.

It sure seems like you post your true colors

No, you've shown your true colors. I see no reason for you to come in here and pick a fight like this...

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #49 of 77
Quote:

LOL--i have no need to keep my older dacs.But that does seem to bother you for some reason.

So i guess because i like my current dac,if i should post about another dac--then i am promoting----
confused.gif

Oh, I guess I misunderstood.. I guess there was a Zhaolu 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4, all that were all mislabelled as 1.3 in your auctions.

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #50 of 77
Quote:

confused.gif

And name calling----such a childish thing to do akwok

Name calling? Where? Fact!

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #51 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Oh, I guess I misunderstood.. I guess there was a Zhaolu 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4, all that were all mislabelled as 1.3 in your auctions.

Well i sold 4 dacs on audiogon.So i quess because of the large number of used dacs i sold i am a dealer now.
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #52 of 77
Quote:

Well i sold 4 dacs on audiogon.So i quess because of the large number of used dacs i sold i am a dealer now.
biggrin.gif

Nooo, of course not.

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #53 of 77
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Well that doesn't answer why the hell you were selling four of the same dac..

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #54 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
Well that doesn't answer why the hell you were selling four of the same dac..

To answer your question--they were all different.Different mods were done to them.

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #55 of 77
Quote:

To answer your question--they were all different.Different mods were done to them.

Did you have intention of keeping any of them when mods started?

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #58 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Did you have intention of keeping any of them when mods started?

I keep what i like the best.The Zhaolu are priced right so it is easy to afford serveral dacs at the time and listen to the different mods.

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #59 of 77
Quote:

I keep what i like the best.The Zhaolu are priced right so it is easy to afford serveral dacs at the time and listen to the different mods.

If I don't see this as an advertisment, I'm blind.

Shilly McShill.

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #60 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by mightyacorn
As a neutral observer, you seem to be trolling this thread. You seem to revel in the misfortune of one dac manufacturer while extolling another.

I originally posted here as a concern.And that i am interested in the dac myself.

I have only been answering questions directed at me.So that must be what trolling is then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back