Store in New York
Jul 19, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #16 of 19
I concur with the above.  Would only add that the last time I was in J&R the "wall" was a complete bust.  Terrible amp, terrible source, and most of the headphones were broken in some visible way (e.g. missing ear pads, etc).  I asked if I could try some different headphones and the guy looked at me like I was from the moon.  The best listening environment by far is to find a high end stereo shop who carries some headphones (and AT may be a challenge to find).  There are plenty of places to try high end Grados and Senns though.  Good luck.

Jul 19, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
I concur with the above.  Would only add that the last time I was in J&R the "wall" was a complete bust.  Terrible amp, terrible source, and most of the headphones were broken in some visible way (e.g. missing ear pads, etc).  I asked if I could try some different headphones and the guy looked at me like I was from the moon.  The best listening environment by far is to find a high end stereo shop who carries some headphones (and AT may be a challenge to find).  There are plenty of places to try high end Grados and Senns though.  Good luck.

You don't demo headphones that are on the wall. They have a separate amp on the counter specifically for demos.

May 17, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #19 of 19
Hi, Any update on this?  I wanted to buy high end cables for my se535's.  Any place I can walk in and buy them?  In NYC or CT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back