Stolen headphones, hope you enjoy them jerk
Aug 20, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #77 of 90
That's pretty wild that they found your backpack! Good luck with the rest of your stuff.

Aug 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #78 of 90
I'm kinda blow away. I had a knock on the door. Two cops told me they found my property. I wish my cans were there, but it makes me feel glad that the report I file wasn't thrown in the trash, and that Henrico/Richmond PD would take the time to tell me they found my backpack.

On another note, I take medication that was in my backpack. Dude is in a LOT of trouble. So, no cans, but my lawyer is looking at what I can do.

Aug 20, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #79 of 90
Oh nice that they caught the person. And isn't stealing medication like a federal crime? I hope he hangs!

Aug 20, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #80 of 90
awesome.  wish they could make him pay.

Sounds like time to upgrade.  Edition 8?  
dt880smile.png

Aug 20, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #82 of 90

Quote:
Oh nice that they caught the person. And isn't stealing medication like a federal crime? I hope he hangs!

I have really bad anxiety. My meds are in my backpack, just as a safety thing. He still had them, and was selling them (as I was told). Class III drug. He's in a lot of trouble.

Aug 20, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #83 of 90
I'm glad to hear they caught him.

What are they going to charge him with?  Are they going to try to pin him with any kind of assault, battery or robbery?

Be sure to drop in and say "hello" at the District Attorney's office.  Find the assistant/deputy DA assigned to the prosecution and tell him that you would love to testify, if needed.  Have them keep you up on the proceedings.

There will most likely be a plea bargain, but you should have the right to attend the sentencing.  Attend the sentencing and find out if the victim is allowed to make a statement before sentencing - it is usually allowed.  Don't whine or ask for heavy punishment, but give a statement about what was stolen, how hard you worked to earn the money for the headphones, how you lost your medications, and so on.  Then thank the Court profusely for allowing you to speak.

It might or might not make a difference, but the judge might slap him with a little extra punishment because you're there.

One last thing - be sure to ask the court for restitution.  Gather receipts, bills, etc. and ask for it.  The really wonderful thing about restitution is that there's no getting out of it.  Bankruptcy won't clear it and there's no statute of limitations.  Even better, if you don't make payments or ignore it, it's usually a probation violation and the guy will get a little time in the cooler for not making the payments.

Aug 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #84 of 90
Many thanks Erik, I can tell you are a good person, and I've seen you give advice to others that I agree on 99%.

I'm more bitter about the loss of my cans than anything. It happens. But, I'm alive. And that's the important part? Right?

Aug 20, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #86 of 90
Thanks! Yes, be thankful you're OK. And you will get over it. I've had stuff stolen, been mugged and was nearly killed by a drunk a few years back. That also got me arrested after the accident and hauled in for a blood draw. Fortunately, the police did their jobs, were professional, drove me home, and the guy who took me in came back a da y later to see if I was OK. I lost my car (only had liability coverage), too. I followed through with the DA (I had friends there) and the guy ended up doing four years and change in prison.

Wasn't much fun, but I made it through and it doesn't bother me any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back