Stockholm mini-meet 11-12th September - Mark your calendars!
Aug 30, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #61 of 104
They had to go. When I bought them I didn't realise that they leak sound almost as badly as a GS-1000. I use them exclusively in bed at noight with the wife 50 cm away so leakage is an absolut no no. I have traded them plus some cash with SACD-man for an Ultrasone Edition8 that has been recabled with an APS V2 xlr cable I had laying about and should be shipped to me this Monday so in time to make an apperance at the Danish meet together with 3 HD800 (and markl's Adrenaline cable), a PS-1000, the whole Stax line-up plus lots of other goodies and 33 head-fi'ers. Will be our biggest Danish meet yet.

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #62 of 104
I would be useful to get a timetable for the meeting. I am thinking about traveling from Malmö, arriving Friday evening and sleeping at a hotel. Then it would be nice if the Saturday meet is more than only a few hours.

I don't think it is wise to fly with equipment and then the train is my only option but weight and volume must be limited also here. I am thinking of taking the Stax 717 + O2 and a HE60 with Stax plug, maybe something more if there is place for it.

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #64 of 104
I am still thinking quite a bit about what to bring with me.
Been flying 3 times the last 5 days (currently checking in from Krakow, Poland) I have seen how the airport employees trash around the suitcases and other packages. So I have second thoughts about packaging expensive gear in there.

'struts' will bring a K1000, and 'Anders' may bring a O2. Hmmm...
tongue.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #66 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still thinking quite a bit about what to bring with me.
Been flying 3 times the last 5 days (currently checking in from Krakow, Poland) I have seen how the airport employees trash around the suitcases and other packages. So I have second thoughts about packaging expensive gear in there.
tongue.gif

Some gear can be put in in the cabin bag, with clothes as cushion, but I would be reluctant to pack in a suitcase that is handled by the airport crew. Maybe, if packaged in the original box, and also somewhat dependent on how sensitive the equipment is.

I think we who are outside Stockholm should try to find reasonably sized equipment that is not represented in Stockholm anyway.

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #67 of 104
Okay Guys & Gals,

Here are the details. Sorry this took so long:

The event will be open from 1200-1800 on Friday 11th Sept and 1100-1500 on Saturday 12th. Set-up will be from 1000 on Friday or after 1800 on Thursday (by arrangement with Robert) for anyone who can't make Friday morning. Tear-down will be after 1500 on Saturday but I expect some poeple will want to keep listening.
L3000.gif

Power and tables will be available and source equipment will also be available to loan for those not bringing their own.

We will be going for dinner to a local restaurant on Friday evening for a meal and a beer
beerchug.gif
, please let me know if you are interested just so we get some idea of numbers.

We should have a better idea of the rigs (other than mine) that will be on dem by the beginning of next week. As soon as I get more info I'll post a list here.

Okay, that's it. Please contact me if you have any questions. Really looking forward to meeting some of you and please don't forget -

SPREAD THE WORD!

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #68 of 104
Is there any audio companys that will represent them self at the meet?
Will there be any dealers or speciall offers from audio concept for the attendees?

I would love to hear something from WooAudio at the meet, specially WA6 or WA22.
Balanced HD 800's is also of great intresst.

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #69 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by danne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any audio companys that will represent them self at the meet?

Balanced HD 800's is also of great intresst.

Come to Copenhagen October 3rd and the answer to the first is yes and to the second there will be 3 HD800 with stock single ended, stock balanced, markl Adrenaline balanced and perhaps another even higher priced mystery balanced cable (to be disclosed closer to the date if it gets here in time).

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #70 of 104
Thanks for the program. As I suspected, the program will be rather short on Saturday (at least officially) for a long travel, but happily I can reschedule to Friday. I am coming before opening on Friday and staying until about 18.

Will be nice to meet you all!

I will contact struts about equipment.

Sep 3, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #71 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come to Copenhagen October 3rd and the answer to the first is yes and to the second there will be 3 HD800 with stock single ended, stock balanced, markl Adrenaline balanced and perhaps another even higher priced mystery balanced cable (to be disclosed closer to the date if it gets here in time).

Would love to, but I cant, birthday plans for my girl.
redface.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #72 of 104
Nice to see a time schedule up.
I thought Saturday would held the main event, but it seems like that will take place on Friday (6 hours vs. 4 hours). Anyway, I am sure I will find time listening to some rigs .. he he

I will totally miss out of Fridays event, since my flight arrive 6pm, but I am certainly in for some food and a beer as soon as I make it into the city centre.
Looking forward seeing you all!
o2smile.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #73 of 104
Just to set clear expectations, the timings are FLEXIBLE. If there is INTEREST to stay longer I can assure you nobody will be thrown out. Enthusiasm is the watchword at AC, listening sessions there have sometimes lasted into the small hours..
darthsmile.gif

All my stuff is now in place at AC, awaiting more details of the other contributions in the next couple of days.

Look forward to seeing you all!

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #74 of 104
Nice work Struts!

Anyone bringing any portable amps than the nuforce icon mobile?
Would love to have a listen to something from Ray Samuels.

Think I will be there arround 14 on Friday.

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #75 of 104
I will be there and bring my Mapletree Ear+ HD Super, and probably the Naim Headline and Grado RA1 as well. Phones: Grado GS1000, RS1, Allessandro MS2 and AKG K1000. Not sure about sources.

I will join from the start Friday 10 am, looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back