Still Upgrade Time for the 940s, $1000 Budget
Aug 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #16 of 17
Well, I let Brannan talk me into the N5.  Specifically, they're putting together for me a pair of Noble 5Ws with a two-tone amboyna burl faceplate.  I kinda wish I could have had a dark-smoke colored shell with gold flake, but they only do black and a few glitter colors on the universals.  I suppose I won't be seeing the inside of my ears anytime soon, though, will I?

I'd like to say that they'll hold me over 'till I can look into a K10, but at $850 I think I'll be just fine.  Maybe in a few years... I've been flipping through the Noble fanthread... or... whatever that thread is actually supposed to be (I mean that in a good way), and there are some absolutely beautiful CIEMs being made.  $1600 is definitely going to be hard to stomach when that day comes, and I might end up going with a pair of LCD-XC's and a better amp; figure I'll have a portable pair in the N5, a semi-portable pair in the 940s, and a half-ton anchor in the XC setup.

...I should really stop considering my next upgrade before they've even made my current one, shouldn't I?  What have you people done to me?!
blink.gif

I'll be sure to send along some pics!  I stand behind this company 100% too, now.  Never worked with anyone quite like them.  Looking about two weeks 'till I get them, or so I'm told.

Aug 26, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #17 of 17
I'm really happy it worked out for you! Post pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back