Still needs help!
Oct 24, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #31 of 50
^ bump to first page ^
atsmile.gif

Oct 24, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #32 of 50
The case is that I'm still confused...
I"ve read a LOT here in the forum, and I just could not get further...

The Denons are good, the A-Ts are good and the Senns are also good so I'm nearly there where I've started the whole thing...

Denon d1001K: well they seem to be comfy as everybody says, the SQ is also good, but I dont really know which one would be good for the Cowon S9. There is a mod thread here what shows you how to get more bass from the Denons and so on, but if its not nessecary I dont want to mess up with modding the phones that I buy (for a while)

A-T M50: These are my favourits since I first saw them. They are more practical/ better on the go then the Denons what are might be more comfy. More isolation, more/better bass (?), better soundstage, but better SQ then the Denons? thats what I really dont know....

Senn HD595: well they are open cans, what means (much(?)) better soundstage and maybe quality, they are very comfy, but barely no isolation...

I can get them in the same price!

Oct 24, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #33 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by attika89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The case is that I'm still confused...
I"ve read a LOT here in the forum, and I just could not get further...

The Denons are good, the A-Ts are good and the Senns are also good so I'm nearly there where I've started the whole thing...

Denon d1001K: well they seem to be comfy as everybody says, the SQ is also good, but I dont really know which one would be good for the Cowon S9. There is a mod thread here what shows you how to get more bass from the Denons and so on, but if its not nessecary I dont want to mess up with modding the phones that I buy (for a while)

A-T M50: These are my favourits since I first saw them. They are more practical/ better on the go then the Denons what are might be more comfy. More isolation, more/better bass (?), better soundstage, but better SQ then the Denons? thats what I really dont know....

Senn HD595: well they are open cans, what means (much(?)) better soundstage and maybe quality, they are very comfy, but barely no isolation...

I can get them in the same price!

Honestly, we really can't do any more for you at the moment. You'll have to pick the one you *think* will be the best, unless of course if you could try them out beforehand at say... a head-fi meet.

Oct 24, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #35 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, we really can't do any more for you at the moment. You'll have to pick the one you *think* will be the best, unless of course if you could try them out beforehand at say... a head-fi meet.

Yes, I thought this will be the answer though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
m50 > D1001 > ES7 > 595 >>>>> 555
In my opinion

I'm quite on the same opinion as MrGreen. I *think* the M50's would be my choise, but the other two could be just as good (D1001, 595)
I hate this thing
mad.gif

I have 8 days to return them without justification if I order them on the internet (good thing). It just to mazy to send it back, get the other one then send it back you know so I would better get the right one sraight away (it would be my cost to send them back of course)...

Oct 24, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #36 of 50
I own the M50s and power them directly from an iPod and the iPhone. They sound great throughout the entire spectrum and are very well built- you will not regret your purchase!

Oct 24, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ES7's cost 55 refurb'd in America. If you know someone who would be willing to get it for you and ship it over, you'd be out ~75 and have amazing sound.

That would be good, cos if I had someone out there I could buy phones for about $250, but unfortunatelly I cant make it.
And if I want to buy someting with shipping that would be around +$30-50, and at the customs an other +30% so to fit the budget I'd have to find something for about $130.... sad but true

In Hungary the M50s costs 40000Ft (forint) = $225 (s*cks) same goes for the others, that I've mentioned

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #43 of 50
Save up for an ESW9 or better yet, an ESW10JPN if you're looking for closed portables. If open full size can, again, save up for an HD580/600/650 or look at the Grado HF-2 if you like the Grado sound.

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeewee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well they are cheaper than the audio techinas.
tongue.gif

No they're not if you have to pay the shipment and the taxes to get it to Hungary (europe)
And here they ARE more expensive than the M50s

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Save up for an ESW9 or better yet, an ESW10JPN if you're looking for closed portables. If open full size can, again, save up for an HD580/600/650 or look at the Grado HF-2 if you like the Grado sound.

Honestly I dont want to spend twice of the current budget on my first headphones...

Oct 25, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #45 of 50
You can always work your way up the chain. That way you can appreciate the better and more expensive cans more.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back