Stick a fork in me, I'm done. Dr. says "No more Headphones".... : (
Apr 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #136 of 185
He viewed the thread yesterday, I don't know if he is actually following it

Cool. Hope he read the guys commiserating with him so he isn't alone in this.

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #137 of 185
Quote:
Agreed. Take the time and funds to go to an ENT and get them properly cleaned.

I used to irrigate my own ears at home and I can't do that anymore. It probably did a decent amount of damage to my ears. Candling is even less safe.

Or as the Simpson's would put it, "a doctor of the head holes". 
size]

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #138 of 185
Quote:

indeed, I still commit the sin of q tips although I dont jam I like to gently swirl. Non the less they say the most natrual way is the shower a hot shower will clean ur ears natrually trhe stuff will just drain out as it heats up.. so if u shower daily ur ears should b pretty clean 

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #139 of 185
every once in awhile, I'll still stick a Q tip inside the ear canal because I want it to be dry earlier, but most of the time I don't ONLY because I know I'm not suppose to.  This reminds me of my volume issue, I listen at lower volume, but every once in awhile I'll crank it up a little just to just enjoy a brief moment of excitement. It's hard to break a habit after you have done it for so long.  I also try to not listen to headphone right after I shower to give it some time to dry up as I would imagine an enclose ear with moisture is an invitation for bacteria.

Apr 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #140 of 185
Sorry to hear about bareyb's situation. Some of the discussion in here worries me because, while I don't listen to anything at very high volumes, I do use Q-tips daily and I often sleep with foam earplugs. Lord knows where my ear health must be headed.

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #141 of 185
Sorry to hear about bareyb's situation. Some of the discussion in here worries me because, while I don't listen to anything at very high volumes, I do use Q-tips daily and I often sleep with foam earplugs. Lord knows where my ear health must be headed.
In that case you can probably go to a doctor and have your ears cleaned. Or even buy ear drops (for daily cleaning and not impact wax...id let a doctor deal with the impact wax personally).

Apr 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #142 of 185
Quote:
In that case you can probably go to a doctor and have your ears cleaned. Or even buy ear drops (for daily cleaning and not impact wax...id let a doctor deal with the impact wax personally).

again my ears stay relivitly clean, with q tips

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #143 of 185
again my ears stay relivitly clean, with q tips
Depending on how you use q-tips though, it can push more wax deeper into your ears from what ive heard. I could be completely wrong though.

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #144 of 185
listen to him he is a flyingfungus
eek.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #146 of 185
Apr 30, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #148 of 185
Quote:
Its what I do....fly into people's ears and make my home! Mwahahahaa lol

sheesh, let's try not to de rail this serious thread to much >.>

Yea I've been taking those hour breaks more often my self as a result of this thread, i might even look into some speakers [cheapo ones ofc] for non ciritcal listening.

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #149 of 185

Yea I've been taking those hour breaks more often my self as a result of this thread, i might even look into some speakers [cheapo ones ofc] for non ciritcal listening.

You can actually get some horn kits for a few hundred bucks that will outporform speaker 10x their price. Just gotta be able to slap 'em together.

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #150 of 185

Haha yes back to the actual topic.

I don't listen to as much music through headphones as I used to. Most of my job involves driving around so if I'm listening to music, its through speakers.

But I too am looking to eventually invest in a set of good desktop speakers for low volume listening (I live in a condo) but also sound great loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back