Steve Hoffman HeadFest DVD Available
Aug 13, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #31 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Pirate Bay has been acting up on me today (seemed to go down for updates) and stopped recognizing me as a seeder, so I'm remaking and uploading the torrent. Hope it works this time...

If this doesn't work, or works poorly; in a week's time I can host the file directly and give people a user/pass to download it directly from me. Once I get back up to school in a week I'll have an 8 MB/sec upload fiber line that I can dedicate to this for a couple months or so.

Aug 13, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #32 of 68
Could someone be kind enough to burn me a copy and mail it to me?

Aug 13, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #33 of 68
Quote:

The Pirate Bay has been acting up on me today (seemed to go down for updates) and stopped recognizing me as a seeder, so I'm remaking and uploading the torrent. Hope it works this time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If this doesn't work, or works poorly; in a week's time I can host the file directly and give people a user/pass to download it directly from me. Once I get back up to school in a week I'll have an 8 MB/sec upload fiber line that I can dedicate to this for a couple months or so.

Thanks guys!

Aug 13, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #34 of 68
Quote:

I can host it directly if you don't want to bother with a torrent. Just PM me where I can get it from.

Aug 13, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #35 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you want a copy, shoot me a PM with your info. I got my copy in today, and still have 4 copies up for grabs.

edit: Watching it now. Why is the sound mono?

edit2: Gonna have to save it for later. I didn't realize it clocks in at just under 1 1/2 hours.

Aug 13, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #36 of 68
Well it appears that I just uploading to somebody... which is weird becase:

1. I started the torrent on a different computer, and
2. I deleted the linked torrent off tracker because I thought it didn't work.

blink.gif

EDIT: Okay everybody, I think I got it working. Try this.

*crosses fingers*

Aug 13, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #37 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you don't have a copy already coming to you, i'll be driving from the burbs east of LA to westwood, either tomorrow or the day after, and that should put me pretty close to where ever you are, (unless you're in long beach or something, then you're on your own
wink.gif
. Let me know if you want to meet up for a copy and if our schedules can match.

Aug 13, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #38 of 68
Quote:

EDIT: Okay everybody, I think I got it working. Try this.

*crosses fingers*

Thanks. I'm starting the download now. I'll seed for as long as I can.

EDIT--
There seem to be no seeders... if this is going to work we need to seed like crazy.

Aug 13, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #40 of 68
Quote:

Eh? I'm uploading to 4 peers with no problem...

Yeah, all is good now. Thanks.

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #41 of 68
Guys a copy in DVD media is really cheap, it is just cents and the shipping a couple of bucks, is really needed all this hassle of torrents uploading and all this??? You are simply insane!!!!

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #42 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys a copy in DVD media is really cheap, it is just cents and the shipping a couple of bucks, is really needed all this hassle of torrents uploading and all this??? You are simply insane!!!!

Anything to save a buck
wink.gif

No really, it took 4 or 5 days for my DVD to get here as opposed to a few hours with 3 or 4 torrent seeds. (theoretically, ha ha ha)

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #43 of 68
Quote:

It really isn't much of a hassle. It takes all of a couple minutes to register a torrent, and the seeders/downloaders simply leave a bittorrent client running for a couple of days--it's a start it and forget it type of thing.

And yes, we'll do anything to save a buck or two...

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #44 of 68
Well, FYI I was downloading the other day, Friday Night in San Francisco, from Al DiMeola, McLaughling and Paco de Lucia, and it took me about three days to be downloaded, and the next concert from them, the same, I'm on cable, so I'm assuming that the other guys really sucked....but even though, so do not think you will download a whole DVD in a few minutes, OK? At least not in DVD quality...

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #45 of 68
Quote:

Well, FYI I was downloading the other day, Friday Night in San Francisco, from Al DiMeola, McLaughling and Paco de Lucia, and it took me about three days to be downloaded, and the next concert from them, the same, I'm on cable, so I'm assuming that the other guys really sucked....but even though, so do not think you will download a whole DVD in a few minutes, OK? At least not in DVD quality...

It looks like it will take about 24 hours--but considering that it would take at least 2 days for a DVD to arrive, it's worth it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back