Stereophile's Headphone poll results are in!
Oct 29, 2001 at 5:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
You can see the whole thing Here , Jude even got a plug posted for the site, sweet!

Some folks like headphones for the privacy, others for the sound. How often do you go for "cans" instead of speakers?

All the time: 26%
Quite often: 26%
Sometimes: 12%
Rarely: 17%
Never: 16%

Comments can be viewed here, dang it after all that, I didn't even leave a message
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2001 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 24
w00t! I got mentioned!
biggrin.gif

Hmm...a lot of head-fiers did. Hmm...maybe they threw in everyone who made a comment. Hmm...It's all starting to make sense now!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Headphones can not be hi-fi, no matter how good they are.
—Miljenko Tumpa

Ha! Loser!

Oct 29, 2001 at 5:46 AM Post #3 of 24
They did not use my quote.
frown.gif
Quote:

My wife listens to King Chrimson's "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One" with headphones on while we make love!

That is so awesome. Either that or maybe a little bit disturbing.

Oct 29, 2001 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 24
I did a double-take on that quote as well...its one of those things that sound cool in the beginning, until you start to think about it for too long.

Good thing you brought it up...and I replied...so that we can make everyone else think about it for too long as well.

Oct 29, 2001 at 6:18 AM Post #6 of 24
aww, they didn't use my quote.

seems headphones are a love or hate thing. most people that hate headphones just really don't like the imaging.

Quote:

Headphones? The whole purpose of audiophilia nervosa is to attempt to reproduce the experience of a live musical event. Thats simply NOT possible with headphones.

NOT possible? i guess that guy never heard of binaural.

Oct 29, 2001 at 6:22 AM Post #7 of 24
Awww, they didn't use my quote either.
frown.gif

Still, at least we managed to skew the poll in the right direction!
cool.gif

Oct 29, 2001 at 6:31 AM Post #10 of 24
Hey, they did use my quote!
biggrin.gif

"Speakers can be convincing, but I live in an 8.5x11-foot room, which makes for poor speaker placement. So I reached out for my 'high-end' pair of headphones, and am done with it."

Huh? They printed "...and have done with it."
eek.gif

Oct 29, 2001 at 4:15 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

They did not use my quote.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My wife listens to King Chrimson's "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One" with headphones on while we make love!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is so awesome. Either that or maybe a little bit disturbing.

They did too!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 29, 2001 at 4:23 PM Post #15 of 24
"Lark's Tongue In Aspic, Part 1" ?!
Wow, what a choice! King Crimson? DustyChalk, I'm not sure if you're a lucky man or if your sexlife should be documented on Animal Planet!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back