Steps DC-out (problem?) interferance
Jan 12, 2007 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

XFxGeforced

100+ Head-Fier
I have my steps complete with everything but when im checking the resistance of the dc out cord, i stick one probe in the center of my plug, and the other probe on the GND on the pcb (dc out) and i get ~2k ohms resistance? they shouldnt be interfering with eachother at all should they
blink.gif
checked inside the plug housing and nothing is even close to touching eachother. Just wondering if this is safe, and would it cause me to hear noise when listening through my millett if the ground was interfering with the power line?

**just for extra info, i already plugged it in with the cord i made for it, and it didnt explode, all measurements were correct, and i set it to 24v, which i get like 24.09v from test points.

Jan 12, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 4
i have to go to work till later, so thats the reason if i dont respond quick; i hopefully wont have tragically died in a psu related event.

Jan 13, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #3 of 4
You're talking center of a DC plug (+?) to the GND on the Steps board? You will see some resistance... looking at the schematic it looks like the most likely would be R3 + R4 + VSET, which would be around 2K ohms. Should be fine.

Jan 13, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're talking center of a DC plug (+?) to the GND on the Steps board? You will see some resistance... looking at the schematic it looks like the most likely would be R3 + R4 + VSET, which would be around 2K ohms. Should be fine.

okay thanks for the reassurance, gonna go ahead and plug this bad boy in.
cool.gif

* looked at the schematic myself just now, and i think i see what you're talking about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back