Stepping up from the fiio e9 for the same price.
Dec 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Gallade475

100+ Head-Fier
So, I'm getting a new amp for some dt880 pros. I'll be using it at my desktop. I think it is stupid that amps differ as much as headphones in sound signature, so, what is the best solid state class A amp i could get for around 100, and i'm willing to go used. I'd love to have the O2 amp, but I absolutely despise that amp because all the I/O ports are on the front. Thanks in advance.

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #3 of 10
Aren't you satisfied with the sound of your E9? do you have a Dac? 
getting a dac would be a nice addition to your system. Onboard sound quality doesnt make justice to headphones. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 10
I will get a dac soon, but i want something with a lower output impedance so I can use it on a larger variety of headphones.

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #5 of 10
For around that price the only options that come to mind are the chinese amps (can be found on ebay)
 Little dot as an example. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #6 of 10
I would accept tube/ss hybrids like the little dot 1+ too, as long as they are not warm sounding. I want flatness, or what some people lovingly refer to as "sterile", like the objective 2

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 10
Different tubes will give you a different amount of warmth... but that adds to cost, and having to play around.  The Little Dot 1+ is a decently warm amp though (which is why it sounds so damn gorgeous with grados). 

What impedance are the beyers you are looking at though, cause I don't think the Little Dot did much (warmth aside) for the 600 ohm beyers I've tried it with...

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Different tubes will give you a different amount of warmth... but that adds to cost, and having to play around.  The Little Dot 1+ is a decently warm amp though (which is why it sounds so damn gorgeous with grados). 

What impedance are the beyers you are looking at though, cause I don't think the Little Dot did much (warmth aside) for the 600 ohm beyers I've tried it with...

i'm getting the pro 250 ohm.

I want the most accurate, so I guess tubes are out of the equation.

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #9 of 10
just get the O2 it sounds the best, i dont like everything on the front panel, but you have to sacrifice some things sometimes.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #10 of 10
I think i found an outlet. i'll get the Objective 2, with the desktop enclosure. I like it. Will come back with results after christmas, and WILL review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back