Stefan Audio Arts Equinox vs Zu Mobius v2 ?
Jan 11, 2008 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pompon

500+ Head-Fier
I own HD650 with Equinox LE (I love it!)

Someone have compared them side to side (ZU V2 .. not V1 .. and Equinox ) ?

I find the Equinox pretty "stiff" compare to stock cable for example.

I want to know how different is the sound signature with the ZU V2 ?
How stiff is the ZU v2 vs Equinox ?

Ty!

Jan 11, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 9
There is a lot written about impressions of these cables a few years ago and you can do a search. I have only heard the Zu and memories of others descriptions is not the best source of information.

I think the most important step is to get a good upgrade cable, but of course one can continue with fine-tuning.

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a lot written about impressions of these cables a few years ago and you can do a search. I have only heard the Zu and.

Old threads are useless ... it's V1 ...

V2 is pretty "new".

Jan 12, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by pompon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Old threads are useless ... it's V1 ...

V2 is pretty "new".

According to Zu Cable V1 and V2 sound identical, IIRC -- the difference is in size and flexibility.

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to Zu Cable V1 and V2 sound identical, IIRC -- the difference is in size and flexibility.

Ty for the precision. On the Zu's web site, they don't give much information about their cable.

I do search (Zu Mobius) ... and 95% + msg never have a simple mention of ZU Mobidus inside .... probably tag the signature to someone having this cable ?

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #8 of 9
Signatures are not included in search but you sometimes must fine-tune the options as searching in a specific forum, search for posts rather than treads etc. You still get information that you don't want but that is nothing different from reading the posts published today. I think there has been a trend towards more chat and less useful information than before.

Jan 13, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i was told by zu that they sound similar but that v.2 sounded better. true? who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back