SteelSeries Diablo III v. Rosewill RHTS-8206 v. Plantronics GameCom 780
Jun 26, 2013 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Frankken

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post here. So here's my story:

My first headset was a Turtle Beach P11. When I was away at band camp, I came home to find them broken, so I got a pair of Trittons for Christmas. Those broke within a few days so we brought them back to BestBuy and got a pair of Turtle Beach PX21's with a DSS mixer. I couldn't use the mixer as I didn't have the optical adapter and then I lost it. Those broke, too so then I finally got my dream headphones, the SteelSeries Siberia V2, after numerous recommendations from people online and in real life. They worked great up until yesterday. The left ear for some reason does not transmit any sound. I do not have the original receipt or anything so I am going to buy a new pair of headphones probably. Right now I am using Apple Earbuds.

So I am stuck between these three:
SteelSeries Diablo III 57002: $60
Rosewill RHTS-8206 USB Connector 5.1 Channel Vibration Gaming Headset: $60
Plantronics GameCom 780: $60
[size=1.7em]  [/size]
The Diablo III is a Siberia V2 that is normally $120 and is now $60, an amazing steal if you ask me. I haven't seen very many reviews on the Rosewill so I'm unsure.

Thank you a lot. If you have something different that would be $60, then I'd hear that, too.

Thanks again!

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #3 of 9
I have the Siberia V2s. They are easily the best of the three.

The Steelseries Diablo III cans are Siberia V2 USB. The USB is actually a dongle, which the headphones plug in to.

If you want to change to something new, the Plantronics are pretty decent.

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
I have the Siberia V2s. They are easily the best of the three.

The Steelseries Diablo III cans are Siberia V2 USB. The USB is actually a dongle, which the headphones plug in to.

If you want to change to something new, the Plantronics are pretty decent.

Do you have any experience with the Rosewill ones? They're now only $50.

Jun 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #5 of 9
I don't know how I feel about the Rosewill.

I do not own them, and have never used them.

Rosewill is generally highly hit and miss when it comes to quality, and I have no clue what these are like in the comfort department.

Furthermore they require USB out. They do not work for media on the go, or for any other non-PC usage.

They would be, if anything, a 'lets try this out' buy. Not a 'I want a great set of headphones to use wherever and whenever'.

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
I don't know how I feel about the Rosewill.

I do not own them, and have never used them.

Rosewill is generally highly hit and miss when it comes to quality, and I have no clue what these are like in the comfort department.

Furthermore they require USB out. They do not work for media on the go, or for any other non-PC usage.

They would be, if anything, a 'lets try this out' buy. Not a 'I want a great set of headphones to use wherever and whenever'.

All three of the headsets require USB out. What is Rosewill's customer service like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back