Stealth headphones at work
Nov 7, 2003 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

johnnylexus

500+ Head-Fier
I own the Ety4P's, Sony V6 and Beyer 770's.

I use these cans at the gym and at home.

Recently I have decided to do some headphone listening at my desk. I sit in an office, my phone doesn't ring that much and I can probably do an hour here or an hour there in listening to my music. My source will probably be my Tivoli radio.

I'm looking for suggestions for phones that ....
(a) are not bulky and prominent looking (I'm not trying to hide the fact that I'm listening, I just want to *look* low key)
(b) can go on and off the head with ease quickly (Ety's won't work)
(c) sound good

Ideas?

Nov 7, 2003 at 4:23 AM Post #2 of 20
Well, if you have black hair, you could try the koss KSC-35s. I've read threads where people with long hair wear them at school without anyone noticing. And the sound quality is probably good enough for your work environment.

Nov 7, 2003 at 6:23 AM Post #3 of 20
actaully the ksc35 leaks alot of sound, its good, but not in a noisy enviroment. i'm sorry i cant give any advices because i'm looking for the same kind of headphones.............have you tried the px200, the sound is not as good as the headphones you listed, but it pass all the other requirements. i had one and loved it.

Nov 7, 2003 at 4:46 PM Post #6 of 20
I'm leaning towards headphones with a headband .... easy to grab and pull off when somebody walks into my office and wants to talk.

Earbuds, while being non-obtrusive visually, take a little longer to pull out,etc.

The KSC-35's might be good. Are there any other small, sleek, black looking headphones with good sound out there?

Nov 7, 2003 at 6:06 PM Post #7 of 20
How about the senn px200. The don't leak sound, isolate some of the outside sound, and don't sound too bad for the price.

You are kind of limited for great sound at this point because you can't use canal phones and better phones start to get to big for what you're look for.

Nov 7, 2003 at 7:40 PM Post #8 of 20
This is not a hi-fi solution, but unobtrusive and easy to whip off quickly: Nike psa[flight is a very low-profile behind-the-neck headphone: basically earbud drivers attached to a minimal/thin neckband. About $30.

http://www.nike-philips.com/product_...flight&lang=en

Nov 7, 2003 at 10:35 PM Post #9 of 20
or better yet, you can get them for much cheaper off ebay. i've seen them from $0.99 to 10.00 for BIN. I can't vouch for their quality though. Have you considered PortaPros? They have a silver band, but its not like it stands out much visually. They may be a good solution.

Nov 7, 2003 at 10:36 PM Post #10 of 20
How about the K-1000?

wink.gif

Nov 7, 2003 at 11:34 PM Post #11 of 20
I support the PX-200 suggestion. After the Etys it's the best sounding portable headphone I own, (even) clearly better than the Portapro (IMO).

Don't consider the K 1000! Too much sound leaking!

peacesign.gif

Nov 8, 2003 at 2:22 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by JaZZ
Don't consider the K 1000! Too much sound leaking!

Dude, he was joking!! LAUGH!! It was funny. lol

How about Shures? Like E2C's or something? Pretty low key.

Nov 8, 2003 at 2:47 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by MD1032
Dude, he was joking!! LAUGH!! It was funny. lol

Yeah, I knew he was joking!
wink.gif
I was too.

peacesign.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back