[Stax system] ESI Juli@ vs Keces DA-131 vs Keces DA-151
Nov 21, 2008 at 6:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nikita

Head-Fier
What is the better choice with a Stax system and Asus P5Q mainboard (Coaxial connector available on it), in terms of sound quality ? The price is not a problem, the only problem is to know what sounds better than what !
icon10.gif

Thanks and sorry for the bad english !
icon10.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 7
From what I understand, those Keces DACs don't have a USB connection, so you plan to use them with an onboard sound card?

While the difference between them may be genuinely small and perhaps even nonexistant, I'd get the (proper) ESI Juli@ and rest assured that you're getting good quality, instead of using a low-quality onboard sound card that probably has something wrong with it.

Also, the Juli@ has nice drivers. If you also want to use your computer with speakers using a speaker amplifier and it has optical or coaxial, you can use the Juli@ for both phones and speakers without even doing any software switching. The software has a feature to monitor the digital output, which allows you to send the same signal to both your phones and speakers, even in Vista.

Apart from that, the Juli@ may be internal, but it is, at least with my setup, completely distortion free.

All it suffers from is crashing my computer when I go to Hibernate, but YMMV.

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #4 of 7
The 151 has usb and 131 has both optical and coaxial input. That said, the external Keces' DACs are probably better than an internal solution. That's the theory anyway. I haven't heard any of them but my choice would be the Keces 131.

Nov 23, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 7
Does the juli@ have more software than the volume bar? or is it just clean and simple like this?. Really good sound from this card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back