STAX SRS-X1000 and SR-X1 Now Available to Pre-Order At HeadAmp!
Apr 29, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #16 of 21
So, this post by @MousoMachineGun here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/stax-sr-x1-new-entry-model.971680/post-18022421 suggests the SR-X1 has decent sub-bass, moreso than many other Stax, whereare your opinion was it was bass-light. Is your evaluation based on bass levels relative to other Stax, or just any headphone in general including bassy dynamics?

thank you
im comparing against generally other headphones. Since most who buy this likely is buying their first Stax. I did also highlight the SR-X1 is quite align to what I remember in Stax except the x9000 which is actually quite filled up below. So I won’t be surprise if a general Stax user say if it has more then usual Stax since I’m not regularly exposed to it.

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #17 of 21
A full STAX rig for three figures?
Well, no DAC. Guess it has to compete with ESP-950, SRS-3100, L500(my favorite in-production Stax)+SRM-252s/M3/EHA5, L300+Woo Wee/EHA5/M3/etc, Nectar HiveX+252s/KingsoundM3/EHA5/etc. A nice handful of combinations under $1000 out there already!

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #18 of 21
Thanks for sharing, Tassardar. This is helpful.

Flimsy is a big deal, considering what we pay for gear. Competent and concise video, thank you.
Over the years most Stax phones were plastic overall but I never once had and issues with the build. They are light and comfortable and are not delicate just feel like they are. I currently have about a dozen “ear speakers”, my first was purchased late 70’s and was the
SR-Xmk3 which I have both the nb & Pro versions. They are all in very good shape and sound good.

Attachments

• IMG_6683.jpeg
    IMG_6683.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6684.jpeg
    IMG_6684.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6685.jpeg
    IMG_6685.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #19 of 21
Over the years most Stax phones were plastic overall but I never once had and issues with the build. They are light and comfortable and are not delicate just feel like they are. I currently have about a dozen “ear speakers”, my first was purchased late 70’s and was the
SR-Xmk3 which I have both the nb & Pro versions. They are all in very good shape and sound good.
Thank you, ESL-1. The HD-600s are plastic too, and I don’t feel like they will just fall apart. I guess the difference is everything except the drivers can be repaired. Is this true ofvStax?

May 3, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #20 of 21
Thank you, ESL-1. The HD-600s are plastic too, and I don’t feel like they will just fall apart. I guess the difference is everything except the drivers can be repaired. Is this true ofvStax?
Good question, especially since I had no need of repair fortunately. Newer or current models can get a bad driver replaced. As to fixing a driver I really think it would be a matter of the particulars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back