STAX SRS-X1000 and SR-X1 Now Available to Pre-Order At HeadAmp!
Apr 26, 2024 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21
stax-x1000-homepage-close-800h.jpg

We're now accepting pre-orders for the all-new SRS-X1000 electrostatic earspeaker system from STAX! Consisting of 2 brand-new designs - SR-X1 earspeakers and SRM-270S amplifier - the SRS-X1000 brings the sound of electrostats to a wider audience at just $980.

Those who have wanted an electrostatic setup at a lower cost now have the opportunity to get in the game. There has been a ton of interest in the SR-X1 and we've had a few pre-orders for the SRS-X1000 already, so reserve yours now at HeadAmp while they're available!

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Apr 26, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 21
That could be an interesting value proposition

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 21
We're now accepting pre-orders for the all-new SRS-X1000 electrostatic earspeaker system from STAX! Consisting of 2 brand-new designs - SR-X1 earspeakers and SRM-270S amplifier - the SRS-X1000 brings the sound of electrostats to a wider audience at just $980.

Those who have wanted an electrostatic setup at a lower cost now have the opportunity to get in the game. There has been a ton of interest in the SR-X1 and we've had a few pre-orders for the SRS-X1000 already, so reserve yours now at HeadAmp while they're available!
Hi Justin, Would you mind providing some detail on the build quality of the SR-X1? For example, are the earcups all leather, same for the headband? Is the chassis plastic, aluminum, or some other material? If the build is right, this could be a game changer, as STAX already has a rep for quality sound. Thank you.

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #6 of 21
Hi Justin, Would you mind providing some detail on the build quality of the SR-X1? For example, are the earcups all leather, same for the headband? Is the chassis plastic, aluminum, or some other material? If the build is right, this could be a game changer, as STAX already has a rep for quality sound. Thank you.
Based on the thread in the main headphone section, it the build is better than the l300/500. Seems like the tuning is more neutral and homage to the vintage Sr-x (which is probably where the name originates), although it is an over the ear not an on-ear like the original Sr-x.

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 21
Can't believe I lived long enough to see a new design from Stax. No offense.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 21
I tried this at canjam. It was pretty good. Bass not much but everything else was as expect of a Stax and the tuning was really enjoyable to me. Build quality is a little on the lower side and I hope they fix the part when turning head will have enough air flow to distort sound haha.

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #9 of 21
As a former ten-year owner of a Stax SRS-3030 system, I am glad that Stax has released a reasonably priced amplifier + headphone set. I wish I had the chance to listen to them.

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #10 of 21
I tried this at canjam. It was pretty good. Bass not much but everything else was as expect of a Stax and the tuning was really enjoyable to me. Build quality is a little on the lower side and I hope they fix the part when turning head will have enough air flow to distort sound haha.
Hi Tassardar, bass not much =? Minimal sub-bass, etc.? Plastic parts? What about the build specifically is on the lower side? Thanks for joining the conversation.

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #11 of 21

Looks quite interesting, Hope Stax Indian Retailers also bring this setup.

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #12 of 21
Hi Tassardar, bass not much =? Minimal sub-bass, etc.? Plastic parts? What about the build specifically is on the lower side? Thanks for joining the conversation.

Compared to most headphones that are well tuned, I do find the Stax bass lower with not much feel to their lower bass regions. The headphone from what I remember is really light and feels flimsy when you hold it. The part that are important are metal though so maybe it’s just a general weight and feel issue.

See video bookmark 6:54

Apr 28, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #13 of 21
Compared to most headphones that are well tuned, I do find the Stax bass lower with not much feel to their lower bass regions. The headphone from what I remember is really light and feels flimsy when you hold it. The part that are important are metal though so maybe it’s just a general weight and feel issue.

Thanks for sharing, Tassardar. This is helpful.

Thanks for sharing, Tassardar. This is helpful.
Flimsy is a big deal, considering what we pay for gear. Competent and concise video, thank you.

Apr 29, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #15 of 21

So, this post by @MousoMachineGun here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/stax-sr-x1-new-entry-model.971680/post-18022421 suggests the SR-X1 has decent sub-bass, moreso than many other Stax, whereare your opinion was it was bass-light. Is your evaluation based on bass levels relative to other Stax, or just any headphone in general including bassy dynamics?

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back