STAX SRS-2050A REVIEW [PICS UPDATED]
Apr 17, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #31 of 59
The adapter is 100V Japanese version. I was too excited to wait until getting a converter so I just plug it in
biggrin.gif
Now I don't find anything wrong with it so I'm keeping it as is out of the box. It might be a bad idea tho
redface.gif

Do you guys think I seriously need a converter?

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #33 of 59
I really don't know if it's important to have a converter. I've just read that they can get a little bit warm on the wrong current, but I don't know if that's a big deal.

Apr 17, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #34 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by SillyHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The adapter is 100V Japanese version. I was too excited to wait until getting a converter so I just plug it in
biggrin.gif
Now I don't find anything wrong with it so I'm keeping it as is out of the box. It might be a bad idea tho
redface.gif

its a stax, dont take the chance

Apr 17, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #35 of 59
Thanks for the kind words peeps.

It is really exciting to see more people jumping into the world of stats.
smily_headphones1.gif
I think you guys will be very happy you decided to.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2

What is going on? This is about the fourteenth or fifteenth time I find myself agreeing with this guy. I might as well not post anymore and just let ol' n3rdling do it all.
tongue.gif

Great peanut minds think alike my elephant friend.
o2smile.gif
Actually I think me and you have very similar ears as I almost always agree with your impressions too. In fact, I was looking for some OO Getter EL34's for my BH solely because of your praise.

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #37 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericpwiseguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice review , too early to review my 404le/srm 600 setup
smily_headphones1.gif
listen for about 4 hours so far.

We can make a Stax Appreciation Thread right here in front of the nose of dynamic world
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #38 of 59
Don't degrade Stax with that appreciation thread stuff.
tongue.gif
There's a Stax thread for a reason. I guess I think of appreciation threads as fanboyism instead of serving a purpose by welcoming critique.

Apr 17, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #39 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by SillyHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes. Any 12VDC/1000mA adapter will work if you make sure to observe the correct polarity of the plug. Stax has the barrel as + and the pin as -.

Apr 17, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #40 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't degrade Stax with that appreciation thread stuff.
tongue.gif
There's a Stax thread for a reason. I guess I think of appreciation threads as fanboyism instead of serving a purpose by welcoming critique.

Well said, I agree.

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #41 of 59
Im really glad that everything turned out well, we shure did all in our power to get you in the mafia.... As it has been said before, next step 404le -> O2. Once you get there it will stop!

BTW, In regards to timmyxxxx post, I have the jh13's I wouldn't necessarily say that they beat the 202's, they are a very, very different thing. The 404's imo, are better than the jh13 in most aspects.... and many times I actually prefer the UltraFatCat 001's.... but still its difficult to compare customs with stax. Strange guy....

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #42 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great peanut minds think alike my elephant friend.
o2smile.gif
Actually I think me and you have very similar ears as I almost always agree with your impressions too. In fact, I was looking for some OO Getter EL34's for my BH solely because of your praise.

Whoa, peanuts... I'm hungry, where are those peanut M&Ms hiding?

Mullard xf2 should be the default tubes on every BH!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im really glad that everything turned out well, we shure did all in our power to get you in the mafia...

He was recruited into and has joined the Stax Mafia?!

I was told it doesn't exist, and therefore my application denied.

Apr 17, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #43 of 59
nice write up! another vn fellow here btw
wink.gif

you should really take some decent ic's into consideration. the radio shack ones is shadowing your stax
biggrin.gif

and i've gotta say, you're braver than me to choose the electrostat path.

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #45 of 59
Thanks for the review. I remember the first time I posted my thoughts on the Stax SR-Lambda with SRM-1 Mk2 Pro and how it bested my Woo WA6 with re-cabled HD600 or RS-1. Your journey is just starting.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back