Stax SRM007t11 as in Two. Any information? Reviews? Thoughts?
Oct 23, 2012 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Scottsmrnyc

500+ Head-Fier
Thanks for posting?

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 8
Are you thinking of getting one? If so, what do you want to drive with it? New or used?

Your profile states you already own a similar amp, so I am not sure what you are getting at.

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #5 of 8
I saw a photo as well as literature about it on the Stax Website.  It looks exactly the same as the Ta.  I couldn't understand why? I thought that there might be something different inside of it or on the back panel.  I don't understand why Stax would come out with virtually the same unit and rename it something else?  I think there are a lot of headphone audiohiles who only focus on what is new and don't really know about the history of what Stax has done in the past.  I have heard the SR009 and was not that impressed.  I think I like my Sigma non pros and 4070s better going with either my SRM007t or ta amp.  No offense to anyone, but I think it is mostly younger headphone audiophiles that are purchasing the newer stax on an ASAP basis.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 8
All the Stax amps meant for the Japanese market were called A and only available in silver as opposed to the export II models which were black.   The newest amps don't follow this rule though but the SR-007A does as it's silver as well.  The SRM-300 was also called SRM-310 for the export model which is identical. 

This is nothing new for Stax though as the SRA-10S was the Japan only model of the SRA-12S in the 70's. 

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
I have heard the SR009 and was not that impressed.  I think I like my Sigma non pros and 4070s better going with either my SRM007t or ta amp.  No offense to anyone, but I think it is mostly younger headphone audiophiles that are purchasing the newer stax on an ASAP basis.

I can't say I agree with any of that statement. I have heard the SR-009s and own a set of SR-007s MK2s and I absolutely love them. The front end for these high end phones must be of good quality. They WILL reveal any shortcomings, as they are so revealing and transparent (especially the 009s). This in turn means the treble quality in particular has to be clean, no grain at all. I guess it is the same for high end speakers for example putting esoteric horn speakers onto a solid state mid range system. It also helps having tubes ion the signal past either as a tubed DAC or tubed amp. I would recommend another listening in a controlled environment, with really good front end gear. Then you will see what the top Stax gear can do.

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #8 of 8
Subscribed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back