STAX SRM-D10 Portable Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier / DAC
Feb 3, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #107 of 130
Way different price points so I’d think it should.
Get the KGSSHV if you want to drive the 007 at a minimum or modded they 007TII or KGST will do a good job as well.

Feb 26, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #109 of 130
My Stax SRM-D10 has failed. It refuses to charge. I am pretty sure it is the amp itself the has failed and not the power supply. Perhaps the battery has crapped out. When I plug it into the AC, the charging lights go on in the unit but nothing happens. When I turn the unit it on, it is completely dead.

Hay anyone else experienced this problem?

Since it is out of warrany, is it worthwhile to get if fixed or should I simply buy a new one? A repair would likely cost the best part of a new device.

Feb 28, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #110 of 130
My Stax SRM-D10 has failed. It refuses to charge. I am pretty sure it is the amp itself the has failed and not the power supply. Perhaps the battery has crapped out. When I plug it into the AC, the charging lights go on in the unit but nothing happens. When I turn the unit it on, it is completely dead.

Hay anyone else experienced this problem?

Since it is out of warrany, is it worthwhile to get if fixed or should I simply buy a new one? A repair would likely cost the best part of a new device.
Pretty sure if plugged into the AC and still not working at all then it might be dead unfortunately. Open it up see if you can replace the batteries yourself, might work? I’ve seen sourced batteries online from overseas I believe, if I can find the website I’ll post it. Or else give Mike a call in NY at Stax.com. He’s super helpfu, has videos on youtube and is an official Stax dealer.

Feb 28, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #111 of 130
Pretty sure if plugged into the AC and still not working at all then it might be dead unfortunately. Open it up see if you can replace the batteries yourself, might work? I’ve seen sourced batteries online from overseas I believe, if I can find the website I’ll post it. Or else give Mike a call in NY at Stax.com. He’s super helpfu, has videos on youtube and is an official Stax dealer.
Thanks! I will see if I can open it up. I will contact Mike at Stax.

Mar 17, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #112 of 130
I decided I like the srs-3100 so much I bought a combo of the sr-700 and the d-10. Given it’s a dac, is there a way to use this cable wise with the iPhone lightning? Or would I need to use the camera kit from the ifi black label? Is there a effective usb micro to lightning that will let the iPhone use the d-10 as a ampdac?

Mar 18, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #114 of 130
droido256, I have this same set up, L700 with D10. I looked but never found a lightning to micro usb but certainly have another look around the internet as you never know. I ended up with the Apple Lightning USB Camera Adapter plugged into the Stax provided cable. Worked very well.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #115 of 130
droido256, I have this same set up, L700 with D10. I looked but never found a lightning to micro usb but certainly have another look around the internet as you never know. I ended up with the Apple Lightning USB Camera Adapter plugged into the Stax provided cable. Worked very well.
Nice have the camera kit for idsd black

Mar 24, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #116 of 130
I tried the camera connection kit, and the Stax cable, the green light flashed, until I started a song, but no sound. The d-10 works fine in line out tho. When I can find it, I’ll try another cable see if it’s a possible bad cable. I have to say, the combo of the d-10 with the L700mk2 jeez. These sound good

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #117 of 130
this setup works very well with my iPhone 7 as well through the micro usb in. A bigger / desktop DAC wouldn't, and the more expensive apple adaptor with the extra connection for charging would be required

Mar 25, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #118 of 130
unlike the fiio or the ifi, when I connect the d-10 to the iPhone via the camera connection cable, unlike before getting sound, but the iPhone’s volume control still works, and it’s sending sound into the d-10, but not sure if it’s actually bypassing the iPhone’s dac. Is the camera connection kit the right way to go? Or would I need to track down a lightning to micro usb cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back